• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In related Alabama news, a woman come up to me in a thrift store today and, without solicitation, informed me that v-neck sweaters were for queers and not for regular people. #nice.

That is the funniest **** I have ever heard.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some John Lobb bespoke goodness;

23984179759_77582a7819_c.jpg

23984179569_250b02db4b_c.jpg

Heel dressing would do wonders for those bad boys. I keep a bottle of brown and black on hand. It lasts forever and makes a huge improvement.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heel dressing would do wonders for those bad boys. I keep a bottle of brown and black on hand. It lasts forever and makes a huge improvement.

Any specific recommendations? I just use polish normally.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks. no tag in it though, just logo tags and polartec tag.

Fold the fleece lightly and take a picture next to a measuring tape. I should be able to tell for sure.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a good deal on a couple staple Caruso suits. But, there's a (undisclosed, of course) snag in the back of one and, after looking at it, I think the best bet is to get it re-woven. I'm looking for suggestions for good re-weavers who take non-local work. People on here have mention Alex's in LA, but I'm not sure if they are set up to take work from people outside of LA.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a good deal on a couple staple Caruso suits. But, there's a (undisclosed, of course) snag in the back of one and, after looking at it, I think the best bet is to get it re-woven. I'm looking for suggestions for good re-weavers who take non-local work. People on here have mention Alex's in LA, but I'm not sure if they are set up to take work from people outside of LA.

I used Fabric Reweavers USA in Miami for an approx. 1" clean cut on a suit jacket and it came back with an invisible repair. I could not tell at all that it had been fixed. Fabric, weave, pattern etc play into how it will come out, but they will call after receiving the item and give you a good idea of what to expect before they do any work and the exact cost, and you decide whether to go with it ir not. They deal thru the mail all the time and have been doing it for years / decades.

freehand

Reaction score
Couple of other bits from yesterday, Oliver Spencer jacket, slim 44

And kinda weird YMC tan half cord half jeans, 33

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.fabricreweaversusa.com/

I've used them three or four times. Good results. I think a few others here have, as well.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can feel free to send em to me and I can help you out with that if they don't take out of state business...if you decide to use them...

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this? I picked up another waistcoat earlier, fits really well but I'm confused about the label. History of it makes it an early 60s garment, but still rather baffled.

Are these rare?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this? I picked up another waistcoat earlier, fits really well but I'm confused about the label. History of it makes it an early 60s garment, but still rather baffled.

Are these rare?

Rare in the UK? Possibly... In my neck of the woods? Not so rare...

Tom Pepper

Reaction score

I have used these guys twice and was pleased. You can mail the stuff to them:

http://www.alterknitnewyork.com/about-us/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads