• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't just hanging on the racks, some car dealership bought it in another state. They had it for way more than that on their site. If it were just on the racks, I'd probably would too though just cuz I've never heard of them before that article and wouldn't think it would move, but I'd admire the work for a minute.

Never heard of who before?

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shame! Did you find anything cool? :)

I had a pretty good day in the end. Not had chance to take pictures yet but for now...

THRIFTED ME A REINDEER PELT :slayer:

It was such an unusual thing to see and just so beautiful that I just had to buy it. Plan is to hang it on a wall of our new house when we move. So chuffed.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a pretty good day in the end. Not had chance to take pictures yet but for now...

THRIFTED ME A REINDEER PELT :slayer:

It was such an unusual thing to see and just so beautiful that I just had to buy it. Plan is to hang it on a wall of our new house when we move. So chuffed.

That is badass! I'd love that in a man cave or behind the tv on the wall. That's sick as hell man :) nice score.

It's Saturday and better half is working all day so I'm hitting the thrifts in town. There's not many, there's about 5 I think. Mainly Oxfam and British Heart Foundation etc.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is badass! I'd love that in a man cave or behind the tv on the wall. That's sick as hell man :) nice score.

It's Saturday and better half is working all day so I'm hitting the thrifts in town. There's not many, there's about 5 I think. Mainly Oxfam and British Heart Foundation etc.

Thanks man. I paid up for it but could easily double my money if I ever needed to sell it (which I won't). Such a bizarre thing to find, I couldn't leave it there.

Good luck our there. I think we've got it harder in the UK thrift-wise. Few charity shops and nearly all of them are tiny with an even tinier menswear section. If you're in one of the big cities I imagine the thrift isn't too bad. I'm happy with my little patch anyway :)

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. I paid up for it but could easily double my money if I ever needed to sell it (which I won't). Such a bizarre thing to find, I couldn't leave it there.

Good luck our there. I think we've got it harder in the UK thrift-wise. Few charity shops and nearly all of them are tiny with an even tinier menswear section. If you're in one of the big cities I imagine the thrift isn't too bad. I'm happy with my little patch anyway :)

What I've noticed is that most of the sartorial stuff is either vintage St Michaels (M&S) or some other weird brand that made their jackets out of cardboard or sandpaper.

My local Oxfam has some gems, I found that YSL tie, Gieves & Hawkes, Ralph, boss and some other brands.

Looking forward to seeing the stuff you picked up though bud :)

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What I've noticed is that most of the sartorial stuff is either vintage St Michaels (M&S) or some other weird brand that made their jackets out of cardboard or sandpaper.

My local Oxfam has some gems, I found that YSL tie, Gieves & Hawkes, Ralph, boss and some other brands.

Looking forward to seeing the stuff you picked up though bud :)

Totally. I'm seeing loads of Austin Reed, Dunn & Co and the high street brands most of all. I always pass it up. Also Ive found so many Zegna suit jackets with trousers nowhere to be found. So frustrating. When I did finally find a Zegna suit it was piss stained and old as hell. The search continues.

Oxfam is a strange one. They tend to know about the good brands and price them up high but then sometimes surprise you and miss something obvious. Always worth a check. Oxfam scored me a grey Canali merino jumper and Church's custom grade brogues yesterday. Pleased as hell.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair, but it's one of those things. You know it's a Master's jacket when you see it.
I do?.... I know it's a Super Bowl ring when I see it. I know a Kobe Bryant rookie card when I see it. I know it's a Brioni suit when I see it. Those are one of those things for me. An old green jacket from a country club just like the hundreds of other jackets, sweaters, and shirts from country clubs I've passed on, is not one of those things.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a Hugo Boss Stratus wool/cashmere blend overcoat for £6. Pretty nice.

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This boss jacket is sick! I'm very tempted to keep it, but I didn't notice the stain near the bottom. This throws me off slightly.

What would you guys do?

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This boss jacket is sick! I'm very tempted to keep it, but I didn't notice the stain near the bottom. This throws me off slightly.

What would you guys do?

Dude how did you miss that stain?!!! Does it fit you? If so maybe dry clean it and enjoy it. Otherwise it might not be worth the flip. Try some home washing options first and see how you get on. I've managed to get stains out at home with spray Vanish rubbed in and then soaked in warm water with some occasional agitating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads