• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsticks

Reaction score
Going to Copenhagen tomorrow trying to actually thrift something good there. My luck that Sweden has gone batshit crazy and closed the border for the first time in like 20-30 years, so it will be a hassle. Last two trips to cph I walked for over 20 miles and found basically nothing... So time to do it again! Now with closed borders, hard winds, cold weather and a general hatred for swedes in Denmark.

Woho!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep I found this awesome box. The insides are missing sadly which makes it lose half it's value.

Also I couldn't find the watch either. A trip to the same store is planned every day this week though.

Don't waste your time waiting for that watch to hit the floor, just go back to the production area and check the wrists of the workers.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to Copenhagen tomorrow trying to actually thrift something good there. My luck that Sweden has gone batshit crazy and closed the border for the first time in like 20-30 years, so it will be a hassle. Last two trips to cph I walked for over 20 miles and found basically nothing... So time to do it again! Now with closed borders, hard winds, cold weather and a general hatred for swedes in Denmark.

Woho!

Yeah,but that eye candy though .hottest women ever.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fur looks real from here, maybe dyed? Can't imagine fake fur on an Oxxford cashmere piece. That thing is pretty sweet.

Bowties, picked up all at once, From Brioni to Rooster, RT, Carrott & Gibbs, BB, some others...
Are any of these available by chance dude?

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to make my first haul of 16 a good one. EG anorak and Mandelli leather NA but I can be coerced if the bait is right.
smile.gif

Might this be available, by any chance? THE only beer I drink
biggrin.gif

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Experienced my own smaller version of the thriftening this week and just got around to photographing most of it. All at one stop, all at true thrift pricing (Spent $162 in total).

Started in the sport coats, and after seeing this handiwork, I knew I was in for a special day:

Then on to the ties, where the real madness began. I stumbled upon someone's incredible tie collection. 72 ties total, 64 7-folds, 4 grenadines, and one absurd day. Took a good bit of work to identify most of these since only some had labels, and some still remain unidentified (any help would be greatly appreciated!):

22 Kitons (4 with the label, but the rest were identified by other features (7 fold, content tag, shape, etc.))

17 Luigi Borrellis w/ Label (Plus 7 w/o labels that aren't pictured).

4 Grenadines by Michael Drake (2 for Domenico Vacca)

7 Domenico Vacca 7-folds

4 unidentified 7-folds (any help would be greatly appreciated, additional details in the spoiler)

3 more unidentified 7-folds (Isaia?)

E. Marinella?

I'll spoil the rest of the ties so not to make this post too long!

Gaga Napoli 7-fold

Unidentified 7-fold (Massimo Bizzochi?)

Michael Drake for Domenico Vacca

Unknown 7-fold (fairly unique, should be easy to identify).

Unknown 7-fold (does anyone recognize the content tag?)

2 Unknown ties, not self-tipped or 7-fold (Michael Drake on the left?)

Unknown 7-fold (Cesare Attolini or Domenico Vacca?)

Unknown 7-fold w/ no content tags or other distinguishing markers

I'm sure your inbox has been blown up by now, but, are ANY of these available?

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a bespoke piece, not rtw. I doubt the guy would have gotten an oxxford cashmere coat made up with an odd collar shape and then gone out of house to get a separate tailor to attach a faux or real leopard collar. I'm pretty sure it came from Oxxford that way, but I wish I could definitely confirm the collar was real fir. I know nothing about fir.
Maybe your right I think I'm just shocked how bold it is I think. I'm sure someone out there will love it. I would have bought it. If the smoke test was nit helpful try soaking some of the fibers in vinager overnight. The vinager will make natural animal fibers get mushy cause it will eat the calcium if it's synthetic fibers it wont.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This statement hurts my brain.
I'm not a fancy beer person, at all.

It's what my father drinks, what his father drank, it was my first beer, it is my go to beer.
Could not care less if Budweiser is ****, cheap, not crafty, etc.
Just my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads