• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsticks

Reaction score

This is a ****** photo for thriftfit, as nothing shows, but here we go!
Jacket: oliver spencer donkey jacket ethrift ( the perfect jacket)
Crombie cashmere scarf (thrift)
Vintage fishermans cardigan (thrift)
Our legacy shirt (ethrift)
Fratelli Rosetti belt (thrift)
Gant rugger pants (thrift)
Red wing Iron Rangers (thrift)

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found these two Canali ties but they have very different styling. Are both authentic but of different vintage or quality lines?
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
One on the left is old and ugly. I would have left it. On the right is current label and a definite keeper.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few recent finds with some questions for those in the know. I'll begin with the Florsheim Imperial loafers.
Florsheim Addision black Genuine Caiman Alligator circa 2007 [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
I was looking for cashmere scarves for the family when I bought this one based on this tag. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] I didn't see this tag until I got home.
Burberry heritage check [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
I questioned the authenticity because of the one larger space between the letters, but the address seems to make sense and the colour, pattern and fringing are right. Any Londoners here to verify? Found these two Canali ties but they have very different styling. Are both authentic but of different vintage or quality lines?
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
And finally, my new favourite winter footwear. Def NA! [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Frye Oliver Inside Zip Dark Brown Antiqued/Polished
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
The smaller tag says made in England and the larger contents tag says made in Scotland

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those that occasionally find Cole Haans in decent shape, I found a good use for them today. We got a little bit of snow/ice/sleet here in Kansas. Its just a thin coating of about half an inch. I didn't want to wear big heavy (and hot) boots today to work because it seemed unnecessary. But, I also didn't want to wear nice dress shoes because it is a little icy and there is salt/sand out on the roads and around businesses. So, I dug out my old Cole Haans. You know the ones. You have probably seen many of them at the thrifts. They were made after Cole Haan was sold and the quality went to hell and they are corrected grain. I figured I didn't mind getting these a little salty. The corrected grain is so highly coated and plasticy that these shoes have been great today. Its not like real leather that could get wet. These plastic bad boys have stayed dry and I don't really care if they get salt on them. What's it doing to do, scratch the plastic? So, if you need some cheap shoes in crappy weather and don't want to bust out your LL Bean Boots, thrift a pair of Cole Haans that haven't fallen apart yet and wear them!
@barrelntrigger #DadJeans - I got called out and I just found out you are younger than me. Time to step up the denim game Noble

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@barrelntrigger
#DadJeans - I got called out and I just found out you are younger than me. Time to step up the denim game Noble

Ha! Well, I do have 5 kids. I'm glad you brought this up. I have been meaning to ask. What are dad jeans? I know Mom jeans are those awful big butt high waisted jeans. What are Dad jeans?

I'm 42, what kinds of jeans should I be wearing?

I think yesterday when I took that picture I was wearing JAB traveler jeans. I rarely wear jeans. If weather (and the social setting) permitted, I would wear shorts all the time. I do occasionally wear jeans with a dress shirt and blazer.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Ha! Well, I do have 5 kids. I'm glad you brought this up. I have been meaning to ask. What are dad jeans? I know Mom jeans are those awful big butt high waisted jeans. What are Dad jeans?

I think yesterday when I took that picture I was wearing JAB traveler jeans. I rarely wear jeans. If weather (and the social setting) permitted, I would wear shorts all the time. I do occasionally wear jeans with a dress shirt and blazer.

you should be getting your jeans from me.
wink.gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dad jeans were in during the 90s. See Chandler and Joey on Friends.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, in the last 3 days I have spent $225 on 4 pair of selvedge. 3 Gustin and 1 Wings and Horns. Still gonna pick up a LVC and maybe a RRL and/or Baldwin.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Hmmm, in the last 3 days I have spent $225 on 4 pair of selvedge. 3 Gustin and 1 Wings and Horns. Still gonna pick up a LVC and maybe a RRL and/or Baldwin.

"selvedge" does not make for a great fit. rather the opposite...

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"selvedge" does not make for a great fit. rather the opposite...

I don't know what you are saying, it sounds like either a profound statement or complete gibberish. Are you saying my fits will suffer if I get selvedge? That they look like crap? They are uncomfortable?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I don't know what you are saying, it sounds like either a profound statement or complete gibberish. Are you saying my fits will suffer if I get selvedge? That they look like crap? They are uncomfortable?

All of the above. unless you dress like an androgenous lumberjack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads