• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
u

The implication came from two places,since you asked.i was gonna say ,ok then great haul but since you asked.
First of all you once claimed thrift when in actuality you ebayed it so you were already suspect.but again that was then not now,the reason IM ASKING this time is because cjracers mentioned he paid more then thrift prices I assumed consignment.dont make a bigger deal out of it,I was just asking for clarification.and since its true thrift Im impressed.with consignment brags I always have a problem because to me its shooting fish in a barrel.
Because he was with me and he said that he got an item from consignment/resale is exactly why I clarified it was all thrift. These were thrifted, each and every piece. I made a mistake once a long time ago that you mention by letting emotions get the best of me, but I answered for it, apologized, and that's not me anymore and I may be guilty of many things, but being dumb isn't one of them. There's a lot of amazing resale/consignment shops in this city, @Cj52racers will be the first to attest to that. But you won't find any CM in them, no Brioni or TF or anything like that. I've never doubted the authenticity of your thrifts, you get great stuff and it's quite impressive. I deal specifically with clothing, it's my business, and I am able to procure pretty decent clothes a decent amount of the time, because that's what I do, just as you do what you do. I got these items like I do most other goods, persistence and hard work. I respect you for your hustle I would hope a mutual respect could be settled upon. If you have your doubts or whatever, than that is your choice and right. But every word I've spoken is the God's honest truth.

Takai

Reaction score
^ Dat Seiko gonna look nice all cleaned up with a good leather band. Killer pickup!
Thinking a black shell strap with proper buckle, but we'll see when it arrives.

colco

Reaction score
it must suck having to justify your business to others huh, @Jompso

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spent more money today then I have in a single day in a long ass time; 825$ total I think. But here's today's list: NWT Arc'teryx Veilance Haedn blazer N/A NWT Julius Goatskin headed to @vexco NWT Drifter fleece NWT Patagonia 800fil packable puffer
Also kopped myself an early birthday present;
Julius pics!

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it must suck having to justify your business to others huh, @Jompso
First, I don't HAVE to do ****. I'm doing it clear the air. At the end of the day, I have what I have, It's gonna make me a ******* solid amount of money and I'm pretty ******* stoked on thrifting all that ****, it was ******* ridiculous. I feel no need to go into it anymore, people can think what they wish at his point. I don't know what I'm justifying here? And if this is stemming from my opinion on your outlook on doing business on eBay from the other thread, that still stands true, but this isn't the thread.

Last edited:

WillWork4Coffee

Reaction score
After all this TF Imma hide my fodder
lookaround.gif

VV, Pink, Zenga

Minty and loved the color so couldn't leave it behind

Zenga

BB

Still working on my lighting
ffffuuuu.gif

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dallas peeps? Will be there Saturday the 26th with plenty of time to myself to thrift and/or meetup, right in the heart of downtown. Any tips appreciated, please PM, TIA!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, I don't HAVE to do ****. I'm doing it clear the air. At the end of the day, I have what I have, It's gonna make me a ******* solid amount of money and I'm pretty ******* stoked on thrifting all that ****, it was ******* ridiculous. I feel no need to go into it anymore, people can think what they wish at his point. I don't know what I'm justifying here? And if this is stemming from my opinion on your outlook on doing business on eBay from the other thread, that still stands true, but this isn't the thread.

Don't feed the troll, Jompso.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because he was with me and he said that he got an item from consignment/resale is exactly why I clarified it was all thrift. These were thrifted, each and every piece. I made a mistake once a long time ago that you mention by letting emotions get the best of me, but I answered for it, apologized, and that's not me anymore and I may be guilty of many things, but being dumb isn't one of them. There's a lot of amazing resale/consignment shops in this city, @Cj52racers
 will be the first to attest to that. But you won't find any CM in them, no Brioni or TF or anything like that. I've never doubted the authenticity of your thrifts, you get great stuff and it's quite impressive. I deal specifically with clothing, it's my business, and I am able to procure pretty decent clothes a decent amount of the time, because that's what I do, just as you do what you do. I got these items like I do most other goods, persistence and hard work. I respect you for your hustle I would hope a mutual respect could be settled upon. If you have your doubts or whatever, than that is your choice and right. But every word I've spoken is the God's honest truth.

Yes its clarified,no need to go on.i said i believe you and impressed.but you also see why I wouldnt right?.
So again,yes i believe you.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes its clarified,no need to go on.i said i believe you and impressed.but you also see why I wouldnt right?.
So again,yes i believe you.
Yes I understand, it's why I did make that first statement before the post but because it was known we were hitting up both out here I can understand wanting clarification and I could have stated more clearly. I appreciate it, thank you.

1ofTheCoolKids

Reaction score
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to my SECRET SANTA this year! THANK YOU very much DanM for the shoes and great selection of neckties! I'm sitting at SFO waiting for my connecting flight to MSY to start my Caribbean Cruise! Yay! With my luck, I'm just hoping I don't get a norovirus! Happy Holidays to all and a Happy New Year too! See you all next year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads