1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. double00

double00 Senior member

^^^ i've always really liked that indigo jacquard LV fabric

2. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Yea definitely a fan

3. vexco

vexco Senior member

Dang. Let me know if you decide to part with a weekender :|

4. bpk1

bpk1 Senior member

Seconding that notion - that top one would look great in my closet! Do have a getaway planned for next month afterall, haha.

Have yet to find legit LV luggage/bags in a thrift, still on my list of hopeful finds - as is anything from one of the row tailoring houses.

5. troika

troika Senior member

Thrifted reyn spooner with shouts to @Fueco

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  6. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Senior member

Rhz nice stuff man!!! Was that a collection of thrifting or a day type haul?

7. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

Thanks, over a couple weeks. Left out some other things, but that was a good amount of it.

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG]

What does him working at an orphanage has to do with anything? What a fucktard.

1 person likes this.
  9. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

you know what to do. . .

[​IMG]

into the suit rack. [​IMG]

He's stealing not only from the store, but from YOU. put your big boy pants on, and let him know he's on your turf. you do this to make money, and if he's broke? he can learn to make money. legit money. either way, he can take it or leave it. it's your turf. so tell him what's up. giving him a leg up might fix the problems you both have. - you get your space back, albeit with a legit competitor.so man up. do it right.

or. you need to get Vinnie Jones on that douche.

edit: Before the wrath of Spoo falls on me. what i mean to say is. "The stronger you are, the easier it can be rectified peacefully"

right? if the dude really worked at an orphanage, are the G-star jeans, and Superdry T-shirts for them? or him?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    3 people like this.
  10. thebuddahman

thebuddahman Senior member

11. eazye

eazye Senior member

+100000

12. Agatha Crusty

Agatha Crusty Senior member

I hope that's not your own bathroom!

13. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

My order from @thebuddahman came in this morning. I bought the Chanel tie, The Lightweight Harris Tweed patch pocket blazer and Italian made Hackett orphan, he then throws in some Hackett chinos, a Samuel Windsor 7 fold tie and a copy of 'The Chap' magazine.

Fuck yes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  14. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

How does a thief get away with a duffle bag of stuff in a thrift store? Seems noticeable.

1 person likes this.
  15. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Easy... The employees intentionally look the other way.

1 person likes this.
  16. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

No identifying marks of any kind. Seems like there are a lot of knockoffs out there, but these are relatively heavy and seem nicely made. Comfortable as hell, too. And my wife doesn't hate them -- as long as we cover them in something other than leather.

I had actually been looking at the same chair at a consignment/antique/hipster shop. I think they had it listed at $350 or something.

17. eddiegreen

eddiegreen Senior member

damn right. i still have a feeling that he would still nick it all even if he did learn to thrift.

This is the only positive, he takes all that crap but one the other hand he would also take all the polo and tommy.

yep, not because they're in on it but because they're just volunteers who don't want any confrontations.

18. eddiegreen

eddiegreen Senior member

19. double00

double00 Senior member

just you keep your flappy mouth shut.

actually in my neck of the woods it's pretty amazing to see what some of these clerks put up with. recently watched a guy working solo in a GW foil 3 theft attempts in about 20 min. i asked him about it and he laughed, apparently it's just a super routine part of the job. the clerk also has face tattoos btw.

the other week (different spot) i watched a lady ask to see something out of the case and then fucking walk out with it. the clerk goes outside and is like "hey that's not yours i just pulled it out of the case so you can look at it" and then there was a whole back and forth and finally the clerk was like "whatever. don't come back".

i once had a homeless guy complain how hard it was to steal from GW. he was asking me what i thought the best approach was to steal these pants. he was going on and on bitching about the prices. of course in reality he was asking me to buy him a pair of pants. i was like "yeah whatever you think is best guy" and walked off and sure enough 5 minutes later some other dude is paying for his pants. lol.

people will say anything and most people will believe anything. the clerks near me are so hardboiled at this point none of this shit phases them. i dunno about the shops run by volunteers tho. they'd probably call the cops lol.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Stealing from a thrift shop is such a piece of shit thing to do

4 people like this.