• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea of the maker? This tag doesn't ring a bell or I'm losing my memory.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took lunch break. Went thrifting instead. Thrifting>eating. Couple stops.

Beams Japan (Mainline?), Coast Italy, Eton

Brioni x2, RLPL (there's a purple windowpane on the shirt)

RLPL x4 (Green is Linen)

Battistoni Grey 70% Cash 30% wool sweater

Nearly brand new Aquascutum Rain Jacket made in England

Never seen this line before, but it's surprisingly well made and the cashmere was way too good to pass for the price

Sick Zegna Blazer (Wool, Silk, Linen blend)

Never worn. Single Breasted Peak Lapels grey pinstriped BB Regent Suit made in Italy by Lardini

Helmut Lang Grey suit, Made In Italy

Paul Smith London Byard wool Suit

Another.

Usually I'd pass, but this is brand new, no synthentic, and that pattern is ridiculous

Ermenegildo Zegna 15milmil15 Super 170s suit in charcoal with bold purple pinstripe

Lastly, when linda leaves things like this without keywords like Cashmere in the title, and in my size, I'm obliged to take them. Just won about 20 minutes ago. Brioni Pure Cashmere Blue Glen Plaid. I wouldn't say true e-thrift, but about a third or less of what it's worth.

That is all.

Last edited:

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to the Captn Wes for two gorgeous pants. A clean flat front mint looking Zanella and a spring time linen Brooks Brothers.

madeinbogota

Reaction score

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have a name? I don't think I'll be wearing them myself.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fodder stop
VV

Pink hickey Freeman cashmere

Anyone ever heard of this?

Really not sure why I find so many freakin hilfiger sailing jackets around here

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw some discussion about this PRL logo, what am I looking at here?

Are these anything special? Just another minimalist leather shoe?

Quote:

with all due respect, is it really all that hard to do your own homework? everything you're asking about is easily researched

Last edited:

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For someone less familiar with niche streetwear and sneakers, this isn't something conspicuous. Nike and Ralph Lauren have been making this stuff for decades; what is good and what isn't, is not apparent to the bystander, or even the people who read this thread daily. A lot of the information on this thread is really nuanced, to get upset with me for it is a bit harsh.

Edit: Thanks, @madeinbogota

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FWIW, I wouldn't have a clue what that name of the Nike's are.

(but if you google the model number on the inside of the sneaker you can find out @Principle)

The P Wing sweater is an epic score on so many levels - but the fact that he posted it and had no idea about it makes it 10x better for me.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For someone less familiar with niche streetwear and sneakers, this isn't something conspicuous. Nike and Ralph Lauren have been making this stuff for decades; what is good and what isn't, is not apparent to the bystander, or even the people who read this thread daily. A lot of the information on this thread is really nuanced, to get upset with me for it is a bit harsh.

Edit: Thanks, @madeinbogota
But being resourceful is a lot better than not bothering and just asking questions for others who have done the homework, to answer. Some stuff you just gotta ask, there's no question there, but some stuff can be found out on ones own just given a slight bit of effort. I think that is all that was meant. I don't think it was meant as being upset with you and being harsh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads