1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

There are many small tailoring shops who have Adrian Jules make their custom tailored stuff. Definitely worth looking into. AJ is impressive stuff.

2. snackbandit

snackbandit Senior member

Andersons or uptons?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Top ones look good, bottom look sketchy. What size on the high tops?

4. snackbandit

snackbandit Senior member

Shit, I think you're right. 'Gucci low top signature' yielded unsavory results [​IMG]

High tops are a 12.

5. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Damn way too big [​IMG]

6. Denton

Denton Senior member

P&S always does well, go back.

7. double00

double00 Senior member

truth. it's fine stuff even tho it screams "new money"

8. rhyme

rhyme Senior member

Legit but good that you passed. The model is Ravix and its old and dead. Zathan 772 from 2003-2005 is the only diesel i would bother selling otherwise they get traded.

@TheODGuy
    Those CP cleaned up real well. Good job!

9. PantherPatrol

PantherPatrol Well-Known Member

So i picked up this cheap flannel shirt because it fit me well and I wanted to experiment with Ralph Lauren. Don't quite know/understand the brand but I see people posting the RRL stuff, etc. and it looks good. This had the denim shoulder interior, Made in USA, classic style...

But then I get home and see:

> CHAPS: Has a story similar to Lauren by Ralph Lauren, a brand that has been spun off from the Ralph Lauren umbrella and contains items that, incredibly, are of even lower quality than LRL. Now beginning to be known as 'Chaps' alone. http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/0_100

Bad pickup? Someone educate me. Whatever, worst case is that I now have a great fitting junk flannel.

[​IMG]

10. Edmonton

Edmonton Well-Known Member

Scored 100% Cashmere Made in Scotland V necks ...

Jaeger tan argyle L (To Fit 42"). Poor lighting in first image makes it look pink.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Berk XXL (26" pit-to-pit). I believe this to be a Lorne 2-ply based on artichoke colour.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

@Nobleprofessor I got the package, haven't opened it yet! Excited to see what's inside.

To my thriftmasee, sent yesterday so you should receive it soon.

12. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

See the bolded. It looks pretty cool from what I can see though so not a total loss.

You could always throw it up for a 30-day BINOBO and see if you can sneak $20-40 out of it. Crazier things have happened. If not, cheap flannel for you. Win/win. As far as Ralph Lauren items to sell. Avoid old Ralph by Ralph Lauren, LRL, and Chaps 99.9% of the time, especially shirts. Polo University Club and Chaps will randomly have a cool tweed SC but those would most likely be something to grab for self-use unless it's a crazy FU plaid pattern. Almost always grab Purple Label and Black Label. Look these up to see what the tags look like though.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  13. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

This is a vintage piece, not only was this made when Ralph Lauren still designed chaps, but it was made in the US. If you don't want it I'm sure there is probably a market it for it. New Chaps is licensed, it doesn't even have Ralph Lauren in the name anymore and has nothing to do with the brand.

Edit: Not really a market, but still made when it was owned and designed by Ralph Lauren and made in the USA. Not a horrible pick up at all for personal use.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  14. PantherPatrol

PantherPatrol Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. Yeah the signs such as the USA and denim interior pointed at a decent pickup. I will now feel better wearing :nodding:

15. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Looks to be their vintage line. I usually pass on those. The Woolrich you want is the Daiki Suzuki designed stuff from 2006 to 2011 when he was the creative director. The tag is this.

[​IMG]

Not sure how do the McNairy stuff would do but saw a few of his stuff looked pretty cool, too. I'm not very good at dating the stuff but I guess you can find out who the designer was by figuring out the date. Good luck. If you find any in my size, L, let me know!