Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. freehand

freehand Senior member

There's another thread specifically for this:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/287214/the-un-official-thrift-buy-sell-trade-want-thread/0_100

though it's not that well used so often worth mentioning here something that you're really looking for. If it's not in @Letric 's backlog, you're asking for something pretty obscure.

I'm going to stop posting now.

2. dadjeans

dadjeans Senior member

[​IMG]
    Found the Vicuna.

It's supposed to feel like sandpaper right?

Did not kop.

3. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Great haul! Sorry for the delay on this - my original thought that this was their "Prison Research" collab with General Research. Google doesn't seem to be backing me up on that though. They might have done a naval inspired line with General Research and this is from it? I wish their was more (not written in Japanese) information about these guys on the web. @leftofthedial might know more than me. Either way, it's super dope.

4. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

Thank you! :D

You read right. With some of the weird shit exhibited there, you'd see why it was so easily confused. Something unusual like that happens almost every year.

I booked really late and managed to find a great hotel for relatively little taht was within walking distance to the Convention Center and the best clubs, but only double beds rooms were left, so I did do what you do: one for lounging one for sleeping. I mostly visited others' rooms. ;)

Thanks dude.

True, Ultra is a completely different animal.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015

5. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

For my thriftmas person, yours is going out tomorrow as well! Been too dry here in CLE.

6. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Holy cow. Awesome vintage haul. This type of thing gets me going more than an 80-piece Brioni thriftening, TBH. Not that I'd say no to either. ;)

7. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to sew a jacket button without it being a mess on the back?

8. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Senior member

If anyone has plain dress belts in black or dark brown with silver hardware (to match Allen Edmonds' dark brown, so REALLY dark) in a 32 or 34 (belt size) fire me a PM. B/s/t doesn't get enough views.

9. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

10. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

The main thing to do is make an initial 'x' with the thread where you want the button to go. Do this before you do anything with the button. Then, slide the button into place and work slowly, getting the needle to poke through as near to the points on the 'x' as you're able to.

EDIT: just do what's in JackFlash's link. That way is better. My way is a quick fix.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015

11. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

There were only a few of us interested, actually. I have the feeling a number of EU based people lurk here but didn't speak up last time. I'd still be up for a trade circle inside Europe if anyone else is interested!

12. TinderStick

TinderStick Active Member

I'm based in London and thrift a lot, lurk a lot but rarely post due to laziness (something I will work on in 2016). I'd be up for an EU trade circle for sure.

13. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

Yeah, slow and steady wins the race. Like with most things, hand stitching gets easier with patience and practice .

14. Gajsek

Gajsek Senior member

I'd be more than happy to participate in any EU trading. I'm in a bad thrift country, but find good stuff from time to time (and also thrift whenever I travel, which is a lot). Would be interested to buy stuff, too.

BTW, Slovenia here, so @HansderHund we're practically neighbours :)

PS.: had a personal grail-level hit recently. Will post pics when I have a bit more time...

15. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Congratulations!

Now, when are you going to find my Barbour? :D