The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bahljs [​IMG]

Thristmasee packages are to go out no later than Monday within the states, correct?
    Monday? That would be nice. I'm not sure myself. I was targeting sending it out tomorrow. Still filling the box here. Someone has metro MN on lockdown. [​IMG]

2. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

thanks for posting this!

I freaking love daptone's catalog.

3. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

I haven't been posting much lately since it's usually dark when I get home, so I need to adjust my schedule and photograph my backlog.

My wife's birthday was Wednesday and I found all these puppies on Tuesday - all her size :D

[​IMG]

BV, Silvia something, MJ, Barneys
    RL, RL, Silvia

4. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Had to pass on an Isaia suit for $20. Good condition but like a 14" drop or something crazy.

Eased some of the pain by finding an almost perfectly fitting J Press sack suit from 73 (but with all the 50s/60s styling cues)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Sent my thriftmas gift out today but realized I forgot to include my SF membername somewhere. So if you get a package from a PO box in Sweet Grass, MT, that's me.

6. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Cant say I have so much stuff a cart was needed to the car before..Oxxford sport coats and suits incoming![​IMG]

7. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

I think you meant to say was, "They're all her size, except those crest suede RL slippers, which happen to be a men's size 11"

Seriously though, nice score! Sure she'll be very happy.

8. thebuddahman

thebuddahman Senior member

Another lunch break, another new place to try and thrift. Love that new place feeling (even though I was rushing as I had to be at a meeting)...

First place was the best funnily enough. Spied these two on a high shelf. Both brand new, folded in their packaging. Spare buttons and everything.

Ralph Lauren Polo 15.5". Available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ralph Lauren button down. Material is amazing. Would keep it but not my size. 15.5" collar. Don't know much about the label. Still a thrifting n00b.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crockett and Jones burgundy loafers UK 6.5. Bit dated. Bought anyway. Need love before selling. Available.
    [​IMG]

Next, a nice Hackett tie. Perfect condition. Navy with diamonds. Available.
    [​IMG]

Finally an e-thrift. Pair of old Dents cream hog skin gloves. Well worn. Look like they wrestled the hog before killing it judging by the grub. When I put my hand in it feels like I'm touching a rainbow. Perfect. NA.
    [​IMG]

All in all, a good day.

9. JasperMeyer

JasperMeyer New Member

after a search online, I cant find anything about these shoes. Anyone have any info on them and the brand?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. white collar

white collar Senior member

Hell, "White Collar" got me into clothes, if it weren't for the endless brand cameos I wouldn't be here. I'd probably be complaining my Jos A Bank suit fell apart ... gives me chills just thinking about it.

11. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

Man, I loved that show. I watched season 1-5 many times over but it took me a while to watch season 6, didn't want it to end.

Matt Bomer wearing RL navy tux to the Golden Globes was actually the inspiration for wanting to wear that to my wedding, which thanks to StyleForum, I was able to purchase yesterday! Found a NWT PRL in my size in B&S. Need to shed the 8 thanksgiving pounds I gained last week and it should fit nicely.

12. white collar

white collar Senior member

Nice to meet a fellow fan, Neal has been my fashion inspiration for many years!! Don't forget to post wedding pics, love seeing well dressed weddings!!

13. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Minty Stan Smiths for 9 year old Ace Jr.

[​IMG]

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Nice. What CM gear do they have on White Collar? I can't ID any of it on sight (Suits is much easier with the HUGE lapels).

Fashionwise, Mozzie is probably my favorite TV character, and it took me awhile to find out he wears a lot of Save Khaki shirts and pants and that one jacket, as well as the occasional Carhart, I think.

15. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

In the comics the purple man has healing powers. Maybe he'll come back in season 2? I doubt that though. There are so many other villains they can use. I kinda like Jessica jones flying solo with all her baggages. It makes for a darker character. I would like to see patty becoming hell cat.

I think it was suppose to be the 1st but i would say before Christmas.

Boardwalk empire got me into cm.