• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ON the sneaker denim debate i always go with jeans plus adidas tokyos or any asics tiger colors.
Summer i might rock suede Tods.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a good look at part of why I love Patagonia as a brand. I realize that the ethos of fixing stuff rather than replacing has a limited reach into the world of men's fashion, but for outdoors gear, it should be the way folks go. The first link is the overview about their Worn Wear idea, and the second is a link to a guide to repairing and maintaining different types of outdoors clothing and gear.

http://www.patagonia.com/us/worn-wear

http://www.patagonia.com/us/worn-wear-repairs

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a pair in purple a couple weeks back. Such awesome shoes.

I don't like the dress shoes with jeans look. I think it clashes most of the time. I wear my CP's and Lanvin's with jeans all the time, though. Don't know what @double00 is talking about :p

@futuremyth has a pair like those!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noble-- just an FYI, if you're in Raleigh you're only about an hour and 15 minutes from the Brooks Brothers Clearance Center in Garland, NC. Pleasant drive through the country, too. IMHO, it is worth the drive. You can find some prior posts on here about it if you're unfamiliar.

I just talked to my brother and I think we are going to take a trip to Garland while we are there. Most of the cars he is interested at the Auction will sell on Friday. I read through some of the Posts about this place on the old thread. It sounds like it could be hit or miss. But, it sure will be fun. As a fan of Brooks Brothers, this is sort of a pilgrimage. I suppose a trip to the Madison Avenue store would be like a trip to Mecca (or Jerusalem or Rome or Constantinople depending on your perspective). But, since I am a fan of BB and an adherent of THE THRIFT, then I guess this is the true Pilgrimage!

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not big e, anyone know what I have here?

Harris tweed with hanger

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found a almost perfectly fitting 42R Harris Tweed yesterday, but it had T-Rex arms. Seems like all the decent stuff I find has weird proportions (42L suit with 28" inseam pants, etc.)

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People got weird fuckin bodies, man.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or they just don't know how to buy clothes that actually fit...

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
When your Thriftmasee says he is your size, but you wonder if they also have abnormally long arms....

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AMProf

Reaction score

I just talked to my brother and I think we are going to take a trip to Garland while we are there.  Most of the cars he is interested at the Auction will sell on Friday.  I read through some of the Posts about this place on the old thread.  It sounds like it could be hit or miss.  But, it sure will be fun.   As a fan of Brooks Brothers, this is sort of a pilgrimage.  I suppose a trip to the Madison Avenue store would be like a trip to Mecca (or Jerusalem or Rome or Constantinople depending on your perspective).  But, since I am a fan of BB and an adherent of THE THRIFT, then I guess this is the true Pilgrimage! 

Definitely can be hit or miss, but the potential for a big hit makes it worth it. Its also classic, exactly what a true "outlet" should be. Literally middle of nowhere in a town that doesn't even have a stoplight. Cramped. Random. You'll find a lot of crappy 386 line stuff, but occasionally some incredible Black Fleece too. What I've found interesting of late is non-Brooks Brothers brands. Club Monaco, Ike Behar, and John Varvatos, and some completely unknown but high quality shirts the last time I was there. My assumption is that the Garland Shirt Factory, which makes BB's USA made shirts, also makes for these lines as well, and sends their seconds/overruns/etc out as well.

Looking forward to a trip report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads