• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have blackwatch/holiday plaid trousers in a 32-30 to trade (or sell, I guess)?

Or the same in 42-44 waist 32 inseam?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
have great idea for next year. we all swing for the fences in 2016, and our best pickups get voted on, and auctioned for the Sf Charity drive. are you down?

- best 5 items, as voted. among those wiling to give up their thrift loot.

and you bet your ass i will have something ultra Rare.

Last edited:

joshmick

Reaction score
Just another vintage outdoors gear maker. I'd call them mid-tier. I just love finding old down jackets... If those make it to half price day, I might kop.

Also just scored this, which I call instant Boulder cred... A Nalgene bottle with an Upslope Brewing sticker pre-installed.

Haha, as a fellow coloradan, I feel like the hydro flask bottles are another "instant cred" bottle, here is mine:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now feast your eyes on this brethren.
100 bucks for everything including the huge mirror which im keeping.
There was also an additional tall dresser but someone already bought it.

Pics dont do it justice,im including a lot because its a stunner.

That is gorgeous! Look at the grain on that wood! WOW!

is it as solid and well-made as it looks?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^^ Hiking Growlers? Nice.

Hiking growler... Housewarming gift from one of my wife's coworkers.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this tiger?

Yes, it's a variation of tiger-stripe camo.Unfortunately, as @Orgetorix said, not the tiger-stripe you are looking for. Sorry man. There are a number of countries who use or have used some sort of variation of tiger-stripe camo. What you want is the stuff from the Vietnam War era. There are still a number of different variations from that period but if you do get lucky enough to stumble across some, you'll likely find the John Wayne pattern which looks like this. Note the shade of green used for the background color. The John Wayne pattern was probably the most widely used variation during that period, but is still very hard to come across. Though a few lucky members on here have been fortunate to come across a few examples. I still have yet to find one.

Another desirable variation is the "gold" tiger stripe, named for the gold color mixed in,

Last edited:

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know these?
Small shop in NY?

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. A n00b from SW England here just starting out in thrifting. I've really enjoyed following this thread and seeing all of your amazing finds. I've got the bug now for sure. Just started to 'dip my toe in the water' in the last couple of weeks and so far have come across what I think (hope) are decent finds.

I've tried to heed the advice given about not buying things needlessly and aiming for quality rather than quantity. I want to find things that can either be worn and loved, or sold on to make a little profit to put towards my family.

So far my ridiculously unfounded rules are:

- Pass on Austin Reed suits (there seems to be loads of them and I'm not convinced of the quality)
- Only pick ties I will either put into my rotation, or I know will sell (slight exception below, ahem). Not bothering with the endless sink randoms I keep seeing.

Today I was on a course with work somewhere I've not been before and on my lunch break decided to hit the charity shops. Glad I did as I managed to found this awesome jacket which is going straight into my wardrobe. I was even on the SuitSupply website the other day looking at buying one new! Funny how these things work out. Looks good on me apart from the sleeves which I will need to get shortened. Keeping it for sure.
Looks hardly worn and picked it up for only a few pounds. Madness.

Nothing else as exciting unfortunately, just some ties...
Austin Reed (keeping this one, nice pattern)
Enrico Rossini (selling)
Andre Claude Canova (selling)

Is the last one anything special? Made in France, Silk, very Hermes-esque. It looks brand new and was folded in it's clear wrapper. Too good to pass up for a quid I thought. Would appreciate help from you tie gurus.

Thanks all. Hope to post more in the weeks to come.

evdv

Reaction score
@Koala-T and @borbor thanks for your replies to my post, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads