• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol what i'm sayin

sorta sad to break up the set tho

cold[1].gif
cold[1].gif

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First some clothes had a pretty good day.
None of the Canalis are available going to a SF member in Calgary.

borbor

Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster. I recently started reading this thread, and have found it to be very enjoyable. I have learned a lot but I have much, much more to learn. I have a question if you don't mind.
A few days ago I picked up what I think is a very nice item. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me a bit more about this item.

What I think I have is a Burberrys of London wool coat. The label is missing from the coat but I did find a label inside of the inner pocket which says Burberrys London, I have found no other labels. I did a little Google research and found out that Burberry with an S means that this item is pre 1999. Other than this info I have not been able to find out much. This is a very heavy coat and it appears to me to be a very well constructed coat.

I apologise for the horrible lighting and pictures.

The lining is a solid brown color

two buttons on the vent

missing label chain has no markings

Label found on inside pocket

"snaps" holding the chain has what appears to be markings but I can not make them out.

Very nice looking coat and very long, 49" from collar hem.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me on this item. I am looking for aprox, age and style mostly but any other information you happen to know is very welcome.

indeed made in england.

just shipped out a prorsum coat with that tag today.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xpost from gift exchange thread.

This was my first time doing the gift exchange. I'm totally in from now on. Thanks to hans for taking charge.

We were already PMing earlier today, but huge thanks to capnwes. Getting a box full of fully wearable/useable items was awesome.

Group shot

Some shirts (wearing the RRL now)

Love these two so much. The sweater is Zegna Yachting and it's my new fave sweater by far.

I posted about how I always wanted a Beavis & Butthead Tommy Pullmyfinger shirt when I was in middle school. I still randomly keep my eye out but haven't found one. Wes, bless his heart, also looked for one with no luck but found this instead. When I put it on last night, my wife smiled and rolled her eyes at me. That's means it's my new hangin around the house shirt, for a while.

Broke these in today by cleaning about 3-4" of snow off my car.

Last but not least, some made in Italy lowball glasses that showed up just in time. Cat broke one of my main whiskey glasses a week and a half ago and then I broke another a day or two later. Also, those coasters were made from that 1930s drive train belt (i think that's what the note said) that Nataku found when he was clearing out that barn this past summer. Wes did some magic and now they're my new coasters. My wife dug the **** out of these. Somehow, I was out of both whiskey and Scotch, so I had to test the glass out with some brandy. It worked.

Again, thanks a ton wes. I truly appreciate every single item, including the handwritten notes. Merry Thriftmas, everyone.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now feast your eyes on this brethren.
100 bucks for everything including the huge mirror which im keeping.
There was also an additional tall dresser but someone already bought it.

Pics dont do it justice,im including a lot because its a stunner.

Last edited:

borbor

Reaction score
what in the ****.

that mirror, holy **** if i didn't have two toddlers in the house, i'd be asking you how much already

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
***after midnight brain-dead post removed*** carry on

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love these two so much. The sweater is Zegna Yachting and it's my new fave sweater by far.

DAMN that is beautiful. I've been thinking about a breton stripe sweater lately and that is soooo righteous. LOOK AT THAT BLUE! look at those raglans! ohmygawd. sweet mercy i am very enthusiastic about this **** right now! good job @capnwes and @My Main Man !

freehand

Reaction score
good job @capnwes and @My Main Man !
You have both done such an amazing job. There are close family members for whom I would struggle to buy something so perfectly thoughtful. That probably makes me a bad person. Anyway, I'm wishing I hadn't already posted my Thriftmas stuff, I can't compete with you guys!

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the nicest box of stuff from my thriftmas gifter, @My Main Man

And a totally freaking awesome book.

With chronological photos of the construction of the Gentleman Cave

Thanks so much, my wife and I both teared up a little when I opened it. Very nice thought.

PS. I will find that Tommy Pullmyfinger shirt for you.

Wow, that one hits right in the feels. It's so nice to see the comradery on here.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was going to my dad so I had them make it perfect: total cleaning, repaired lining, stain removal and fixed a few moth holes. This is the third item I've sent to them and I'm always blown away with what they're able to do. They've removed stains my local specialty dry cleaner said were permanent.
Ahh, that makes a lot more sense. Moth holes are expensive. $150 actually sounds reasonable for the work you describe!
Oxxford. Killer pattern.
Brooks Brothers. Awesome gun club check.
Glad you snagged those. I carried them around the store for a bit, but ended up leaving them because I've been terrible about listing things lately and am determined not to add to my backlog.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
any deetz on the price of one moth hole in a Lapel? would like to keep this S/C

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have blackwatch/holiday plaid trousers in a 32-30 to trade (or sell, I guess)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics