1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

A little label soup from today and yesterday. Today turned into "Il Giorno del Polo." ... and of course the first LP I find is all cotone.

[​IMG]

... and a question:

Is this a LVC label?

[​IMG]

20 people like this.
  2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. double00

double00 Senior member

Not lvc.

1 person likes this.
  4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

crap, nice haul Van Veen!

1 person likes this.
  5. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I've sold 2x for $150 in the last couple months.

My polo coat entry, never made it out to the floor, spotted on an approaching rolling rack, love being able to hit the stores at lunch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  6. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

What bums me out is that there were a bunch more things from the same donor that probably won't flip (6-8 minty BB Supima sweater vests and about 8-10 sport shirts from a local high end men's shop), but that I easily would have kopped if they were my size.

7. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

Yeah! That's so weird though. They were at a tiny store I didn't think many people went to. Unless you found two other ones.

8. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

First Hermes I've seen made in Germany, but that's the newer keeper and it looks legit. Don't think I've ever seen an Hermes knit either..

9. double00

double00 Senior member

Levis is fairly recent mainline, lvc dont make in indo and old or repro labels dont say jeanswear, its just homage. Google longhorn label and youll see what its sorta supposed to be...

But you can cry into your loro piana lol. Dont mean to be terse I know that can come off as coarse unrefined dare I say churlish nice haul

1 person likes this.
  10. Takai

Takai Senior member

Walked into the high end mall this evening dressed like a lumberjack

Carhart watch cap
    Pendleton Gordon Tartan Boardshirt
    Vintage Eddie Bauer heavy wool trou
    Thorogoods

Got so many disgusted looks from all the fuccabois, and such.

Kopped some perfume for a gal for Vday, walked into Brooks and a couple of the new peeps shyed away from me as I was molesting the new offerings, and then Paul the assistant manager, comes up and he and I shoot the shit a while, and they start to get the picture.

It was an amusing night.

Also those new BB LP Top China blazers feel so damn nice; why they gots to be made in China?

3 people like this.
  11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

I'll just convince myself it was two different stores :)

13. Bon Vivant Life

Bon Vivant Life Well-Known Member

I have a thrifting etiquette question.....when I am out, I try to be courteous and friendly with other thrifters. Made some good friends in last year and have kopped some nice ties from people that aren't that interested in them, but know I am. And vice versa, if I see something that I know they look for, jewelry/electronics/etc....I will take pics and see if they want me to proxy. My point is, try to have good karma, and I'd rather see something get scoffed up by someone I like than some idiot that wants to cut up Hermes ties to quilt with (true story, she had 3, I couldn't talk her out of them) So, the question is, is it a douche move to block off the tie rack? I run into a guy regularly that will put carriages on either side of rack and get pissy if you try to move one to also get to rack. If someone is picking rack, do you wait until they are done, or is it fair game? Seems like bad form to me, but I haven't pushed the issue with him yet, but it happened today, he got to the rack seconds before me, walled it off, and then grabbed about 20 ties that I would also have been all over.

1 person likes this.
  14. vexco

vexco Senior member

Fuck that. He's the dick for blocking it off. It's fair game. They're fucking donated ties that belong to no one.

2 people like this.
  15. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

He's claiming his territory, gotta be aggressive. But at the same time fuck his glares or whatever, those aren't his fucking ties and it isn't his fucking store, you see something you want, snatch that shit. Being polite in this game gets you absolutely nowhere. Forget Karma, Take what you want or someone else will.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

The worst I've had to deal a lady who had to be pushing 90 on an oxygen tank asking me if I sell ties on eBay today. She asked me if I ever found any "Hermeez" ties and said she gave her son three of them. She asked me a lot of questions... hope she doesn't start flipping. :paranoia:

1 person likes this.
  17. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Block carts get moved
    Assholes get same treatment they give out

Of course at 260 I get different treatment then I did at 180

always be polite smile say thank you
    And offer up goods if they are polite as well

1 person likes this.
  18. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Linda....

10 people like this.
  19. Bon Vivant Life

Bon Vivant Life Well-Known Member

Thanks, kind of what I figured, I think next time I'll just start pushing his cart towards him and block him off from MY end of the rack [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Your wrong
    It's LEND-a

Lol!!!