• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at the NMLC a few hours ago at Grapevine Mills. They have some amazing stuff, all the above listed by suited plus Kiton, Cuchinelli, Brioni. Unfortunately even in clearance that stuff is $1,000 to $3,000. Great stuff if you were looking to buy at that level and good selection. Some of it still has the Bergdorf original tags

Last edited:

white collar

Reaction score
Was not aware of that...then yeah perhaps pass. I thought they were ending the BBBF line altogether.

Thom Browne won't be designing for them anymore, not sure if they will hire another design or not. As for picking them up on clearance, I just got some stuff yesterday at 40% off. Resale value seems good though.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drove 90 miles round trip in attempts to possibly reunite an orphan. It worked.

A few months ago I found one of Les Wexner's Caraceni jackets.

No pants were ever found, but sold for about $300 so I was happy with it.

A few weeks later I made this post:

This might be another Caraceni for Les Wexner. Tag was ripped out though so I can't tell. It's also an unvented orphan so I left it. Same level of detail, same size and same exact sleeve lining but I don't know if maybe this isn't just a common sleeve lining.

The one I know is Caraceni.

The one I'm pretty sure is Caraceni.

Where the tag would have been.

Nobody answered, me but that probably worked out for the best. Last week I checked ebay, and I found that jacket, being sold from my city, listed as Caraceni. So I send the guy a message and we do some chatting. Turns out he's been looking for Wexner's stuff for year and he's found a good bit of it. He's noticed recently that whenever he finds it, the tags are almost always ripped out, and everything is orphaned. He told me he's found Caraceni, Rubinacci, and Anderson & Sheppard for him around here. And I said, Rubinacci? I thought that might also be his. I found this orphan last week:

The one thing I found very interesting was that this jacket, and the Caraceni appear to be made out of the exact same fabric.

Which would make a lot of sense I think, that someone as rich as him would stockpile fabric he likes and take it to whichever tailor he feels like at the time.

So then my new ebay friend shot back and said, "dude, I have the pants to that jacket, gimme a call." So I called him and we talked for a good hour about all the patterns and everything he's noticed about where and when he finds this stuff. He tells me that there's this one store about an hour south that he's never been to that he's 95% sure something has to be at. I told him I didn't have anything to do on Wednesday, and I lived a bit closer anyway, so I figured I'd check it out. He's got three orphaned jackets listed currently so I figured if I found something there, it would be a pair of pants.

Got there pretty early. It was half off day too so it was pretty busy. Decided to look at everything else first so if I was disappointed at least I would have something to make the trip worth it. A Charvet tie and some Ferragamo horsebit loafers did the trick. No jackets. On to the pants. He had sent me pictures of the linings I was supposed to look for to help me out. I swear I was just about finished looking at everything, when lo and behold, I spied a familiar name on a button.

Check his listings real quick, and it's a perfect match. So we met up today and made the trade. Real cool guy. Brought a suitcase full of different high end makers to show me the differences in construction in super high end suits. He was actually working on altering the Rubinacci pants, so we traded jackets instead of pants. Totally fine by me.

Worth the trip I think.

Edit: Extra weird part of this story in the spoiler.

Here is an old photo of Ferdinando Caraceni, who is sort of, kind of, not really related to the other Caraceni's, but he made some sweet suits too. Anyway, the guy was literally wearing that suit when I met him. Like that exact suit that in the picture below, that Ferdinando made for himself. He told me there was a picture of it online and I just found it. Bizarre.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wilkes Bashford 100% cashmere, anyone know the maker?

Polo seersucker

NWT HSM

Orvis Harris tweed

PRL,PRL,Talbott

Skeet

PRL

Asian Buffalo belt

Escada cashmere

Bully Reid pop for me

AE boat shoes

Alden

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim dudes: what's the best way to get stains out of raw denim without discoloring? I picked up a pair of Gustins that are nice, aside from a couple of stains that look just to be dirt/mud.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim dudes: what's the best way to get stains out of raw denim without discoloring? I picked up a pair of Gustins that are nice, aside from a couple of stains that look just to be dirt/mud.

If they've already been soaked before, you can just hand wash them. If not, I'd just say ******* and wear them that way.

cvrle1

Reaction score
Hi there, posted my question in the new members thread for this week, however Murlsquirl said he isnt sure. He mentioned that I should ask my questions here, and hopefully someone could help with answers

2 quick questions on Brioni suits. Is there a difference between a Brioni suit and a Brioni made for (Neiman Marcus, Harry Rosen, whomever)
Saw few that say Tailored in Italy by Brioni for.... but not sure if they are as good as straight Brioni ones.
Also, what is a fair price for a used Brioni suit. I know it depends on variety of things. Looked on ebay at sold listings and noticed that prices are from $100-$600 for used suit. Is that a fair range?
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads