• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpooPoker
Legit check

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - 27 thumbs in just a few hours - don't think I've ever gotten that many on anything! Then again, I've never popped on a Tom Ford suit, nor a Loro Piana mainline jacket quite like that one.

Thanks guys!

To celebrate my good fortune, I went to the market and bought myself a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and some eclairs, and donated Thanksgiving dinners to two families of four at the fundraiser they were having.

Smiles, everyone!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice!

so... what would you do for 35 thumbs?

mwink[1].gif

Last edited:

Brzelius

Reaction score
I got told over here that help with my vintage Aquascutum coat could be found in this thread most likely. To copy the most relevant information:
Pictures here including all the tags.
I stumbled upon an Aquascutum coat when clearing out my wardrobe that my grandma gave to me unworn some time 1995-2000, but it could be older. I never wore it either and want to sell it. It has some wrinkling on the bottom because it's too long for my wardrobe.
It's very hard to google or find useful information on ebay or the Aquascutum shop; their Filey coat looks similar, but has different materials, and everything on ebay is well worn.
comrade told me it's a classic Balmacaan Raincoat worth probably what it should have been worth two decades ago. I'd be really grateful for additional information, especially pertaining to an approximate price or maybe places to sell it in Europe / Germany (only one I can think of is ebay).

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mentioning of Zegna in Jessica Jones season 1 episode 4!

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I awake? I swear I saw someone thrift a Tom Ford suit?!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the field. Are suits used in a movie a thing? Three button hugo boss orphan with a martin Scorsese/movie on tag
rotflmao.gif

Wait, was that a serious question?
I got told over here that help with my vintage Aquascutum coat could be found in this thread most likely. To copy the most relevant information:
Pictures here including all the tags.
The easiest way to find resale value of an item like that is to do a completed item search of similar items on eBay. You can probably refine to sales only within the EU. A better place to discuss ebay related matters is this thread, though they will tell you essentially what I just did.

JFST

Reaction score
Being a while since I got out in the field again but
Paul Smith Cord pants

Emporio Armani Knit/sweater with asymmetrical zips

Eton tuxedo shirt

Patagonia USA made jogging pullover

Steve Alan Linen shirt

Left this behind, Kids jacket boy, probably @SpooPoker has tons of them

Thanks to the earlier conversation about Ghurkha I set my eye on this tiny belt

And then the pop YSL rive gauche Raincoat with tartan liner

All the photos courtesy of my crappy iphone5s, need to upgrade this thing.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
Picked up the Jay Kos/Harris Tweed coat I mentioned yesterday. Pretty sweet. The fur was given to me by my grandmother yesterday. I think she said it was her aunts. I know nothing about it besides that. No maker/tags or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads