• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bunch of meh today really but big ups to the stores that sell CDs for 99 cents for my car

Love that group of CDs right there ^^^ I bought the Lion King on CD today because it was $0.50 Lol. Radio sucks now a days.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That 3rd cd and that 5th cd lack any notable flaw on any track. period. The 4th is a runner up just based on Primo's production alone.

Quit playing. Moment of Truth is the best hip hop cd ever. With or without Guru rapping.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quit playing. Moment of Truth is the best hip hop cd ever. With or without Guru rapping.
man, really??? it's good but there are three better candidates for best hip hop album ever in that very stack

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, really??? it's good but there are three better candidates for best hip hop album ever in that very stack

Easily, imo. Of course I'm a Primo stan so it is what it is. There's not a better produced album ever. I also thought Reasonable Doubt was only alright and Roots albums are all hit or miss for me. Southernplayalistic is up there, though, but I think Atliens is better anyway.
shog[1].gif

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easily, imo. Of course I'm a Primo stan so it is what it is. There's not a better produced album ever. I also thought Reasonable Doubt was only alright and Roots albums are all hit or miss for me. Southernplayalistic is up there, though, but I think Atliens is better anyway.
shog%5B1%5D.gif
Things Fall Apart is amazing, just for the record...

And I won't argue about ATLiens actually...it's fantastic

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things Fall Apart is amazing, just for the record...

And I won't argue about ATLiens actually...it's fantastic

No Roots album is bad or even average, they're all good to great but none are consistent enough to be that high to me.

Of course it is! Andre is a top 5 rapper, how can you go wrong?!

I'm super picky when it comes to whole albums tho. I can't remember the last full album I really liked. Probably The Cold Vein by Can Ox.

WillWork4Coffee

Reaction score
New guy here. Just finished the thread (still going through the ebay thread and about to start the old thread). Learned a LOT and wanted to give a hardy thank you to everyone for being so generous with your knowledge. Wearing a $500 pair of pants to work that you picked up for $5 and look great can definitely do wonders for your confidence.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shog%5B1%5D.gif
Not the forum for a debate on this topic so I'll just state my piece and be done. Jay-Z's lyrical ability is out of this world, but songs like 22 2's and D'Evils (produced by Premier btw as were a couple others I believe) are mind blowing if you listen to them. This was pre Vol. 1 so Puffy had nothing to do with executive production, this was when he was at his hungriest and closest to his previous lifestyle, this hunger shines through in a stunning fashion on every single track. His lyrical ability is second to none, his knowledge of street life is still raw and real because he's so close to it, his story telling is on par with Slick Rick, and word play unsurpassed.

Southernplyalistic... is 3 stacks at just 19 and his lyrical ability is already so developed at such a young age its remarkable, add that to the amazing production and you have an album I bang out every track on.

Moment of Truth has flawless production, this is obvious, 1 half of the group is one of the best producers ever, top 3, so that's that, and Guru has that smooth flow, but lyrically he is nowhere near on par with the aforementioned two. Sometimes his songs are meaningful and have messages and sometimes he has lines like "lemonade was a popular drink and it still is/ I got more props and stunts then Bruce willis" ...and it just doesn't make sense. Inconsistency is their flaw, and it's not on the side of production.

Lastly Black Thought is an excellent lyricist. But the Roots just don't have that same edge, that appeal, that factor that makes you want more and more. They are an excellent group but I honestly wouldn't mind never hearing another one of their tracks again, just cuz it doesn't have the appeal the others do.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Roots album is bad or even average, they're all good to great but none are consistent enough to be that high to me.

Of course it is! Andre is a top 5 rapper, how can you go wrong?!

I'm super picky when it comes to whole albums tho. I can't remember the last full album I really liked. Probably The Cold Vein by Can Ox.
And this alone is going to result in differing opinions.

green_machine

Reaction score
I agree with vexco. That album changed my whole direction of music. I started listening to a lot of Def jux rappers.

I was listening to el p in company flow and was surprised to see him get mainstream attention with run the jewels.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with vexco. That album changed my whole direction of music. I started listening to a lot of Def jux rappers.

I was listening to el p in company flow and was surprised to see him get mainstream attention with run the jewels.
Run The Jewels is my ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads