The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. glam922

glam922 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• BB 1818 Madison orphan jacket. It's a grey Herringbone SaXxon wool and my size, I think it can work as an odd jacket. I tried to find the pants but did not find the match. The wool feels so nice I could not leave it behind.
    • BB Irish Linen pants. Thought they would not fit me but actually do... so I might keep for personal use
    • BB Golden Fleece grey pants. Same. It fits me so I might keep.
    • EZ tie
    • JCrew tie for me (unless someone wants). I have another one from the same serie I think (sunflower print)
    • CT 16/34 Slim fit. My size exactly, like new.

TLDR: minor pickup, mostly for personal use in the end.

2. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

#THIFTENDIPITY

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Shoutout to @thriftydood for hooking me up with a pair of grail chelseas in exchange for a grail pair that didn't fit.

(Sorry if I posted this before but my brain has been kinda full lately and I wore them today and was very happy!)

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found this 45rpm at s local thrift which is rare. But has 2 holes on the sides... might give it to a homie who likes patching up holes.

5. Edmonton

Edmonton Well-Known Member

First post! Collected this beautiful self-lined three-fold today. Hands off, it's a keeper. [​IMG] Does anyone recognize the maker? I believe it was made in Canada but the tag was sewn into the tie. Brand tag only says "B"....

[​IMG]

6. double00

double00 Senior member

Out-of-body experience earlier this evening:

I watched myself pass on a RT 7-fold, a Chanel tie, vintage Golden Bear, wtf am i looking for?... time for a break...

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Whose second accout is this?

....why?

8. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

if i could? i'd have only YSL as my CM Closet. depends what you need for it, i'm overwhelmed right now. but interested nonetheless. YSL is my fashion idol.

an odd find for your neck of the woods. looks nice. [​IMG]

9. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Oh, I'll jump in on this with speculation! I would be willing to be you have a compulsion to please people. Certainly not the worst thing to have, but the fact that he offered to give you the pants made you feel as though you should return the favor. You may also take on projects at work, favors for friends/family, etc. even when you don't have enough time. Imagine the following: You've had a busy week and it's Friday afternoon. You have plans with friends later, so you're getting as much done as possible to get out of the office. A colleague drops by and says "I have my child's school performance tonight, so I need to leave on time tonight. Would you mind staying a bit late and emailing a few people for me?" Would you answer yes even though A) you have plans that are equally important and B) you have too much to do as it stands? If you're like me, you'd be reluctant and then say yeah, I'll take care of that...only to wonder 2 minutes later why their plans are more important than mine.
    This is the real, rational person's response. I'd feel the same as @Reosymes and offer to return the gesture even if it leads to loss. :nodding:

10. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

@thriftydood is rad.

11. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I'm guessing Massimo Bizzocchi.

12. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Ahh, just caught up on the rest of the story...and that is awesome! I'll also note that my commentary was written before I had read the rest. It's a bit funny that I mentioned "school performance" and that's where @colorvision was going at the time.

13. Edmonton

Edmonton Well-Known Member

@Koala-T I don't think so. Massimo's trademark is a lot more stylized than this, like hand-scribbled. Here's a closer look at the label now that my camera's flash is working again.
    [​IMG]

@ridethecliche Not a second account. I'm new here. What makes you think otherwise?

14. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member