1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. impuntura

impuntura Distinguished Member

Was about to leave store when i spot a white rivot on a pair of jeans.these are my fourth fragments in two years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

All 16.5, not sure about sleeve length

3. JFST

JFST Senior Member

I do have a tweed patch pocket sportcoat in a delightful gray if you're serious...if so PM me.

4. cpmac7

cpmac7 Distinguished Member

Damn ok, Well if they seem smaller and fit closer to a 16 / 34 holler at me. I have always like the quality with that brand.

5. cpmac7

cpmac7 Distinguished Member

I bought a Fenom shirt the other day. I almost left it because it looked and felt cheap. I was clearly wrong

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015

6. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

I also picked up a vest but will probably keep it for myself because I am greedy. It appears to be Cabela's Men's Woodsman fleece lined vest Judging from the condition of the lining, the tags, the snaps and the velcro it appears to be brand new. It would have been nice to have gotten it for $5 but I couldn't chance that it would be there for the next 50% day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know neither of my piddly acquisitions qualify as epic but I am a newbie so they seem epic to me

7. colorvision

colorvision Senior Member

Had a very interesting experience on the way to my kid's Thanksgiving play at school. Traffic was light so I went in for a quick thrift. Saw a well-dressed gentlemen carrying about 8 blazers with a big smile on his face. Normally this is not a good sign. I found some Borrelli pants while searching for a match to a pinstriped Chester Barrie, but nothing else, and went to check out. Saw a mainstream Isaia tag on the only open jacket, as well as a familiar-looking fabric. Opened it up, offered up the pants, and the rest is history. Maybe I'm just socially awkward myself, but I didn't find the silence awkward at all. However I can tell you this: @Reosymes is a true gentleman. That is never a fuck up. I certainly feel like I owe him one, and I'd be happy to pass along the suit, or something else that I may find. Just let me know man. I did entertain the notion that it might fit but it did not, maybe like a 39/40 R/S. I'd consider it good Karma if the suit went to someone here that could wear it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. borbor

borbor Senior Member

reminds me of an incident this time last year at a SA way the fuck out of town.

lady with like 3 kids; and you can tell she struggles to get by. I forgot how much she was short when the cash rung her up. But the look on her face when she realized she was short, I'll never ever forget.

I just told the cash to put whatever the amount is short on my purchase and let her be on her way.

i didn't know how to handle it at first; cuz didn't want shit to be awkward, but then i just went fuck it; i wanted to get outta there lol

9. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

Wow! What are the odds that they both post here?

10. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

Yeee, best story in this thread.

11. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior Member

Haha wow.

Sorry man, I obviously exaggerated in the interest of narrative but I agree, it wasn't an awkward silence at all. Maybe one femto-second worth of silence, if that. We agree upon the rest of the story (except it really was 5 blazers, and not 8). You don't owe me anything. It was such a nice gesture on your part to make your offer in the first place.

First time meeting anyone from SF, I'm glad it was memorable for both of us.

12. colorvision

colorvision Senior Member

Well then you have a standing offer for a whiskey or some other adult beverage. Some Borrelli suit measurements, tagged 50: 20.5 p2p, 25 sl, 29.5 boc, 19 sh, 33W29L, cuffed, looks like some fabric to let out. Edit: Claimed

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Distinguished Member

Small world!

14. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior Member

15. dukedishin

dukedishin Distinguished Member

agh wish those measurements worked for me. cool story!