1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. drlivingston

drlivingston Distinguished Member

What an awesome book! That would be an @Fueco Thriftmas stocking stuffer. [​IMG]

2. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Distinguished Member

It's a pretty cool book. I have a weak spot for 1950 shirts but as most collectors will say is has to be 1947 to 1958 or there not worth crap. It covers everyting. It covers prints as well and alot of just history of the Hawaiian shirt designs. These are the big money like 5k and up 1950's hand painted good luck there as rare as 1940 levis nwt.

[​IMG]

3. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

Something like that... I don't recall that model, Is there a style/model number on the tag? Patagonia normally has a year/season code on the tag as well. I've seen those buttons on early 2000s Patagonia (I think 2000/20001 range, and the fact that your fleece is made in America would definitely put it at pre-2002 or so. I haven't seen my Patagonia catalog collection since we moved, otherwise, I would go look to see if I can find that.

4. Fueco

dupe

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015

5. Fueco

The best I've come across was a 1950s Kamehameha shirt. I wonder if my wife will kill me if I hit the thrifts in Honolulu next month scouring them for old aloha shirts?

That's an awesome book. I had it checked out from the library for something like 3 months a couple of years ago.

6. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

i've known a few older people who live back-and-forth between the west coast and hawaii i think you'd have as good a chance scouring coastal cali

i remember you posting that kamehameha, i've been looking a lot harder at the alohas ever since

7. Fueco

Very true. But there is a shop in Honolulu that specializes in the vintage shirts. I really want to check it out. We're only going to be there for a couple of days visiting friends, so I may not have much time to sneak out.

Edit: I just checked, and the shop is only 1.5 miles from our friends' place.

http://alohashirts.com/

8. Beeare

Beeare Well-Known Member

Very informative, I might have to look into that book.

9. embloom3

embloom3 New Member

Originally Posted by embloom3 View Post

Hi, I wanted to find out if anyone can give me some information on this jacket.It's a Ralph Lauren Blue Label Signature, made in the U.S. I want to sell it, but have no idea regarding price. I'm not trying to sell it in this post, just need info.

I apologize about the lighting in the picture. The jacket is charcoal gray, and it is fully lined. For some reason it does not have a size tag anywhere. Also, there is a small slit on the collar that is about 1/2" long that is very difficult to see. I have included a close-up picture of it with a circle around it. The measurements are as follows:

Chest - 49"
    Waist - 44"
    Shoulder Width - 22"
    Jacket Length - 30.5"
    Sleeve Length - 24"

Thanks so much in advance.
    [ATTACHMENT=12098][ATTACHMENT=12099][ATTACHMENT=12100][ATTACHMENT=12101][ATTACHMENT=12102][ATTACHMENT=12103]image.jpeg (1,600k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]
    Kind Regards,

Elizabeth

10. vexco

vexco Distinguished Member

Anyone with experience with Bottega Veneta woven slip ons? Curious how they size. I wear a 45 in CP's but some 45's are too tight in other labels, while others fit fine.

11. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Yeah, Beams has their higher tier stuff, or special ranges made buy 3rd party companies. to make their goods more diverse, and desirable.

12. dragos25

dragos25 Senior Member

Is this coat worth a kop? Tried it on with a thin sweater and I'm afraid the shoulders might be too big. I might go try it on again, wearing a blazer.
    Made in Yugoslavia, couldn't find a fabric content tag, but the cloth is nice. I'd probably take in the waist if I buy it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. suited

suited Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015

14. vexco

vexco Distinguished Member

That shit is so baller.

15. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Distinguished Member

Wow to the Super 180s with baller buttons Kiton lol. Agree with the other posters to get those buttons checked out.

I've never even seen super 180s