• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbor

Reaction score
@capnwes the photos you been posting recently with the dress form, is SICK.

Don't sweat too much over it, really anything will be cherished and appreciated.

For the most part, I like to read (non fiction for the most part; as I actually learn something), and drink coffee.

I wear almost anything other than thongs and printed tees, so it really is hard to miss the mark. But if you want a tighter grouping to help out, it's bowties, braces and SC; I believe my size is either in my sig or profile...i think lol.

I really signed up so I can actually gift something because this thread (and the ebay tips thread) helped me more than I can articulate.

Hope that helps.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@capnwes the photos you been posting recently with the dress form, is SICK.
Don't sweat too much over it, really anything will be cherished and appreciated. For the most part, I like to read (non fiction for the most part; as I actually learn something), and drink coffee. I wear almost anything other than thongs and printed tees, so it really is hard to miss the mark. But if you want a tighter grouping to help out, it's bowties, braces and SC; I believe my size is either in my sig or profile...i think lol. I really signed up so I can actually gift something because this thread (and the ebay tips thread) helped me more than I can articulate. Hope that helps.
+1 the new set up looks great.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift Claus

Actually enjoy the suspense of not knowing what will show up. Thought I would just make you work to figure out what to send but
that is cruel unusual punishment.

I wear suits most days during the week and jeans and short sleeve polo shirts otherwise. Have a few Pendletons and a Filson shirt to serve as a jacket in the winter. It doesn't really ever get very cold down her near the Gulf, so winter stuff is not my bag, although its great to pull out the tweed jacket once in a while.

Have been losing some weight lately which is great so my current wardrobe is trending out the door. (goodbye pleated Zanellas you have served your time). So most helpful would be a khaki or other flat front dress pant. Anything around a 35 waist and 30 inseam would be great. Am getting bored of pleats! Accordingly, need shorter belts.

Anything that you are able to thrift that you would like to share would be great. Thanks in advance!

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Wes on sunny days is like....Honey..can't go for a walk, have to stay inside and take pictures!

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wes - how many rolling racks do you own? with how many overcoats you have, I can't even imagine how many you'd need. I'm assuming you stockpile throughout the year so August/Sept have to be kind of insane, right?

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, sunny days are basically no good. Needs to be the perfect overcast, but bright day. A snow day would probably be perfect.

Have you thought about getting one or two big standing reflector panels to help throw some diffuse light back on the mannequin? I don't know if it'd solve the sunny day issue, but it should boost the light hitting the clothes. Which might be enough to let you shoot on dimmer days and when the sun is on the other side of the house.

Not a photography expert, just thinking.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Capnwes Fun Fact #2873

Until about 4 years ago I had never seen or even heard of the following:

Nordstrom
Neiman Marcus
Brooks Brothers
Zegna
Loro Piana
Isaia
Brioni
Hermes
Kiton
and so many more

I had however heard of the following:

Sears
Boscovs
JC Penneys
Hechts
and Macys (though we never had one)
The other ones I understand, but Hermes? That is the one that I always heard chicks talking about.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wes - how many rolling racks do you own? with how many overcoats you have, I can't even imagine how many you'd need. I'm assuming you stockpile throughout the year so August/Sept have to be kind of insane, right?
racks?
Rolling: 2 double 6' racks and 5 single 6' racks. So 54 linear feet of mobile racks.
Plus: Another 46 linear feet of wall mounted rack space.

Yeah, I stockpile them year round. The ones today were actually the last of my outerwear backlog. I had roughly 18' of them, packed tight, when I started breaking them out a few weeks ago.

Will find more tomorrow though.

Have you thought about getting one or two big standing reflector panels to help throw some diffuse light back on the mannequin? I don't know if it'd solve the sunny day issue, but it should boost the light hitting the clothes. Which might be enough to let you shoot on dimmer days and when the sun is on the other side of the house.

Not a photography expert, just thinking.
I've though about it a little, but I have got plenty of other items to shoot when the weather is different, so its not a huge deal.

Here's a view of the entire outerwear photo nook. I get decent reflective light off the opposite wall. It's also where I sit every evening and watch the sunset while I play my guitar.

The other ones I understand, but Hermes? That is the one that I always heard chicks talking about.

Told this before but....

Capnwes Fun Fact #217
I thrifted my first Hermes tie accidentally. I saw the little buggy on the keeper label and literally thought it was Amish made.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You have to hang out with a certain kind of female for Hermes to come up in conversation. I only knew one who would talk about it until a few years ago. And she was the one who corrected my pronunciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads