The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Well Ive been hitting the gym 3 times a week since i was 16 and im 41 now and it has stopped ligament damage so maybe you just werent built for pro sports.not trying to start a shit storm with you,just saying.

2. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

What size do you wear? I might have some Dirty Bucks (that are real bucks, the ones you posted are loafers).

3. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

http://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Resistance-Improving-Strength-Tendonitis/dp/B014VXSED6

Seriously life changing...

4. Nobleprofessor

I dropped my wallet while I was there. Send it to me.

5. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

No offense taken, I was fairly injury prone, even with hitting the gym hard 4-5 days a week. It took a toll on my body cuz I was also a multi sport athlete too. But yea, seemingly correct, my body just sorta failed me towards the end, some people just don't get injured and some do, luck of the draw.

6. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by classicthrifter [​IMG]

Had a little fun at the half off sales today. Found my first AllSaints pants along with some possible fake J Crew "Selvage" made in the U.S.A on hundred year old looms with a yellow line instead of red. I may post pictures of that later...

Now off to plan my thrifting route to gather wonderful things for the gift exchange.

What are these besides probably not worth the kop?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Nobleprofessor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the Real Deer Antler Chandelier I found at an estate sale yesterday. I had to drive my old truck to go pick it up today.

WOW, this thing is larger and cooler than I first thought.

It is 36 inches in diameter 32" inches tall, has 9 lights with rawhide shades and is made up of REAL Mule Deer Antlers not reproduction or casts.

The craftmanship that goes into these is amazing. The wires are all totally concealed within the antlers and each screw or bolt is countersunk so they are concealed. The total circumference is 112 inches!

I'm still working on the other stuff I found at the estate sale and a trip to GW a few days ago. The highlight of the Goodwill trip is here. This is a definite first for me:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Looks like women's selvedge jeans. I wouldn't kop, unless they are slim/skinny and you know someone who appreciates such things.

9. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

It says cowgirl on the tag

10. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kbadgley84 [​IMG]

It says cowgirl on the tag
    Lol. Yeah. I got that. Selvedge is also spelled "Selvage" and sometimes has a yellow line instead, or are those two signifiers of women's selvedge? I wasn't sure and Google wasn't being my friend today...

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Selvage is a valid spelling as well. And selvedge IDs come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

12. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

One lunch pickup. 9.5 D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Mostly resolved now.

I found a youtube video of some stretches to do regularly. But unfortunately I did not realize those were preventative, not remedial, and ended up making the whole situation much much worse.

Then I learned more about what was really happening. The pain in the elbow is only the victim, the problem is really an issue with tight muscles and facia in the forearm wich all pull at the elbow. I found some massage techniques to relax the forearm muscles, and have made rapid progress since then.

14. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Welcome to my world...

Forearms must be difficult to work on without going to a massage/therapist. I use my foam rollers so much that I need a new one now. My issue is tightness in the thoracic spine and the hips, caused by years of endurance sports coupled with sitting at my desk improperly (slouched). It's a long road back to health!

15. borbor

borbor Senior member

@capnwes the photos you been posting recently with the dress form, is SICK.

Don't sweat too much over it, really anything will be cherished and appreciated.

For the most part, I like to read (non fiction for the most part; as I actually learn something), and drink coffee.

I wear almost anything other than thongs and printed tees, so it really is hard to miss the mark. But if you want a tighter grouping to help out, it's bowties, braces and SC; I believe my size is either in my sig or profile...i think lol.

I really signed up so I can actually gift something because this thread (and the ebay tips thread) helped me more than I can articulate.

Hope that helps.