• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear thriftclause, like other have also posted, I'm not picky. My sizes are in my profile. I've been more into the SW&D side of things lately and less CM. I also dig vintage sewing and tailoring books and things of that nature. Thank you in advance.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YO, MAN...WHO GOT KOALA-T FOR THRIFTMAS?

JUST SAYIN'.

I think that's a bear cub, not a koala. This is a Hermes koala:

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Gotta say, as a professor in a business school, seeing those inventory backlog pictures makes me pull my hair out. Would you keep boxes of dollar bills like that? Because that's what you've got right there. Those boxes are full of money you've spent, money that you could be spending, or money that could be working for you. As they are, they're just piles of money doing nothing (and as Jompso pointed out, probably decreasing in value).
Money, so much money just sitting around.

Been working on my backlog, rather than ******* with the sale day.

Pics of recent stuff later today.

Also, @Chotii that was me the other day.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Since everyone else is doing it...

Like a lot of other dudes, I am not picky. This is just a fun thing and I'm looking forward to being surprised. Having said that, I have more ties and pocket squares than I know what to do with. I could use interesting medium-weight outerwear, any kind of trousers (or denims), but I have cyclist thighs so no slim fits. I also enjoy coffee, craft brews (especially stouts), and obscure vinyl and just about anything mid-century leaning. Cheers!

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, as a professor in a business school, seeing those inventory backlog pictures makes me pull my hair out. Would you keep boxes of dollar bills like that? Because that's what you've got right there. Those boxes are full of money you've spent, money that you could be spending, or money that could be working for you. As they are, they're just piles of money doing nothing (and as Jompso pointed out, probably decreasing in value).
Yup. Initial investment is something I didn't even touch on. Think about how much you dropped for all that. As others have touched on with estimated values, that's a shitload of up front costs depreciating. Unless you have future plans of being Scrooge McDuck and diving into a room full of ties instead of gold coins, selling is your best call to say the least.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cycling and outerwear pickups from Monday and Tuesday.

Trailwise down vest

Oh, that chunky Talon zipper...

Definitely my favorite outdoors brand of the 60s and 70s...

LL Bean down vest (Med)

Sierra Designs down vest (women's small looks horrible on my cross dressing mannequin)

Frostline Kit down vest (Large)

Patagonia Synchilla vest (Med)

Possibly a keeper. Craft full-zip hoody (should be ideal for running in cold weather)

Patagonia Retool Snap-T (2014 model!)

Arc'teryx Atom Jacket (women's Small)

Arc'teryx GoreTex ski jacket (Small)

Brooks Brothers wool lined leather jacket (Small)

Dale Of Norway cardigan vest (2XL)

Ibex wool vest (XL)

Dale of Norway wool jacket (XL)

Castelli long sleeve thermal cycling jersey (Large)

Primal Big Willy cycling jersey (Large)

Hincapie cycling jersey for the closest bike shop to where I live (Large)

Pearl Izumi cycling jersey (small)

Pearl Izumi long sleeve cycling jersey (large)

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would not KOP unless for self and you love it. And this is coming from a guy who loves Omega. That **** is priced insanely high.

Thank you! I left it there. I'm think later in the week, I can get it for $350. Might still be too high. I just don't enough about these. It is old, I can tell that.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The hardest part of thriftmas is hoping your person will like what you send.

and guessing who got you.

i'm a wreck.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am the dude next store, I wear levi's and button downs. I do dress up for meetings with my customers, so I wear slacks and a sport coat once a month. I, as most others, am not looking for anything in particular, I could always use some belts (38"), boots or a light to medium weight outer wear piece. All of my sizes are in my profile, and really anything would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm a wreck.

I didn't get you. So, that lessens the possibilities by one. I too am having a hard time because I want to put some thought into it. AND my Thriftmasee (I'm still trying to make this stick!) has a style totally different than my own. But, this is what makes it fun.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm a wreck.
Thats why i opted not to participate.im the worst.,although my mom,sister and girlfriend are getting a Hermes Pillow case each so Im getting better

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm a wreck.

Lol, just get them something in their size. Why not take the other route of getting something they are not expecting or something they are not used to? Worst that could happen is they sell them as fodders. Don't lose any sleep over it, bro.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol, just get them something in their size. Why not take the other route of getting something they are not expecting or something they are not used to? Worst that could happen is they sell them as fodders. Don't lose any sleep over it, bro.

He has access to such cool **** that it shouldn't be a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads