• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I see some back-stitching on that patch (where they stitched back over previous stitching) - if so, dead give-away for being a replica.  LV stitching should be meticulous with no overlap.  But for 49 cents, why not, right?  I bought a fake purse on purpose for $8 just to bring it home and use the "how to spot a fake LV" guide to see what really made it a fake, and feel way more confident now that I'd be able to spot one vs. taking a gamble.  Plus, my sister wanted the one I bought even though I told her it was fake, and other folks do as well (I would not list it on ebay tho).

Heres a tip, go into the store and make the SA show you every small leather good. I do this every so often to re-familiarize myself with their products. That way if you come across something more recent or exclusive your not ass out completely. At this point though, my eyes scan a item like a Terminator with the red vision and everything lol. nothing gets past me.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

No problemo, I actually have a legit one from the line that they sold in Nordstrom back in the early 80's

Wasn't the French Company license with Macy's?

However, when the Spekon is placed within the Gerardi, you get something that could easily brave the Arctic tundra. Any thoughts?

Ayo, I just realized I been Busy and I have yet to have a chance to sign up for the gift exchange is it too late too sign up? Im down to exchange with more than one person too. lol.
I slacked on signing up, but I will give good gifts. believe me.

You and I can trade gifts, for ******* sure we can.

At this point though, my eyes scan a item like a Terminator with the red vision and everything lol. nothing gets past me.

(except maybe the due date for signing up for the gift exchange)

white collar

Reaction score
I think I see some back-stitching on that patch (where they stitched back over previous stitching) - if so, dead give-away for being a replica. LV stitching should be meticulous with no overlap. But for 49 cents, why not, right? I bought a fake purse on purpose for $8 just to bring it home and use the "how to spot a fake LV" guide to see what really made it a fake, and feel way more confident now that I'd be able to spot one vs. taking a gamble. Plus, my sister wanted the one I bought even though I told her it was fake, and other folks do as well (I would not list it on ebay tho).

Heres a tip, go into the store and make the SA show you every small leather good. I do this every so often to re-familiarize myself with their products. That way if you come across something more recent or exclusive your not ass out completely. At this point though, my eyes scan a item like a Terminator with the red vision and everything lol. nothing gets past me.

Thank you both, I'm still educating myself on LV so I appreciate the tips, I have gone into the store and played with some products, that definitely helps determine authenticity. I also tried listing a fake item once .. they will suspend your account...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was using my terminator Vision on something else than the forum, lol. Im already sending the homie @jompso something for sure. Forgot to mention, The real version of that LV with the kiss lock (Cigarette pack holder) has no patch on the outside, and the interior is purple and has silver writing embossed (SAKSFIFTHAVE) If you find any small leather goods with this ripped up purple silky/satin looking lining your good. The inside is pretty worn on the sometimes, but if you know like i know, you good.

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent most of the weekend catching up on house stuff, putting together a new lighting setup. Did kop two Luxire dress shirts at $2.50 a pop - good pickup?
I'm not super picky, anything will be appreciated. I don't wear a lot of suits, fairly casual workplace. As far as clothing goes, cashmere ties/scarves, wool ties, leather gloves, flat front pants, belts, blazers, anything Barbour. Nonclothing - automatic watches, anything with an art deco of midcentury modern influence. Also a fan of interesting local coffees. Really, anything is cool.

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Met Turkeysandwitch today, super nice dude! Picked up his scraps, which included a RRL triple patch tweed SC, made in the USA.
speaking of meetups, I am in LA for work and met up with the one and only @Jompso for dinner. Sushi @ Sugarfish. Sofa King good. Did some thrifting, 2 hours, $50, and ~10 decent items: Apolis Activism swim trunks, Stefano Ricci dress shirt, lululemon L/S metal vent tech shirt, Southern Tide shorts, RLBL moto denim, burberry l/s button down, paradise found xl, hartford linen, and patagonia zip off tech pants.
x

freehand

Reaction score

Spent most of the weekend catching up on house stuff, putting together a new lighting setup.  Did kop two Luxire dress shirts at $2.50 a pop - good pickup?
I'm not super picky, anything will be appreciated.  I don't wear a lot of suits, fairly casual workplace.  As far as clothing goes, cashmere ties/scarves, wool ties, leather gloves, flat front pants, belts, blazers, anything Barbour.  Nonclothing - automatic watches, anything with an art deco of midcentury modern influence.  Also a fan of interesting local coffees.  Really, anything is cool.

Re: Luxire - it's just online MTM so not great resale value. They stock some great cloths/ fabrics though so if it fits you you may have done ok. They're an affiliate vendor here and can pretty much make anything you can think of. I love em.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of meetups, I am in LA for work and met up with the one and only @Jompso for dinner. Sushi @ Sugarfish. Sofa King good.
Great meet up and great dinner and convo. First person I've met from here, nice to put a personality and face to a screen name.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a box ready for snoogz and i thought i should document some of the stuff i got recent.

Left this due to small sizing and moth holes.

My favorite item this week. Forgot to photograph some Baller isaia and Paul Stuart sc. Oh well.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Nataku or anyone else learned in the ways of foreign military garb. What do I have here?
First part is a quilted jacket / liner(?). I am not sure if this is a stand-alone piece or a liner.
It's labeled GE SPEKON and has some amazing RIES zippers.

They don't zip or fasten together. However, when the Spekon is placed within the Gerardi, you get something that could easily brave the Arctic tundra. Any thoughts? Probably available.
Bad. Ass.

Last edited:

freehand

Reaction score
Few things from the last week... G&H is e-thrift, the rest isn't

Gieves & Hawkes bespoke for Harrods

APC red cords, 32

Chocolate Smedley knit, NA

Sugarcanes 34x34

Ties

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wasn't the French Company license with Macy's?

You and I can trade gifts, for ******* sure we can.
(except maybe the due date for signing up for the gift exchange)

I think it was sold in Nordstrom and saks and Neiman Marcus as well, not 100% if it is French luggage stuff tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads