• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Authentic? Looks good to me but LV isn't my area.
I'm voting fake, Patch looks terrible, fonts jacked up and usually when LV puts a leather patch on the front of something it is blank so it can be monogrammed by the owner of the piece

Last edited:

white collar

Reaction score
I'm voting fake, Patch looks terrible, fonts jacked up and usually when LV puts a leather patch on the front of something it is blank so it can be monogrammed by the owner of the piece

Thanks! Figured it was worth a shot at 0.49

Lirum

Reaction score
I used to go out every day and hit 2-3 stores but now I'm only hitting stores opportunistically. That is, if I have to go by for another reason.

We are in an area where there is only one store in a hundred mile radius that sells Kiton. I think 2 stores sell Aldens. Most of the grail brands I had never seen unitl I started shopping out of town in 2012.

I think I went 3 months without buying anything until I found a 3 piece BB Lardini suit. There just isn't a ton of accumulated quality items hitting stores. I don't remember buying a tie here since March.

We have a group of African guys who hit the stores for shoes. Morning and afternoon. I see one them practically everytime I am out. Then there are about a dozen regular faces combing the menswear. Plus, they staff down the goodwills at 5 and they only have 2 people working, so if they're busy, they don't have time to put anything else out.

That said, there are a couple of church thrifts near country clubs that have a ton of transplants. They get some good stuff, but it goes quickly if it makes it to the floor at all. Many of the retirees who work there are from New York and they know a Kiton when they see it and they pull those to sell on-line.

I travel a lot in my job and most of my backlog is from DC area stores. Some from Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, San Jose. No where here is going to match the 7000 items per day that a big Savers in DC is putting out.

But you can find really nice things here. If you're doing it full time and hitting 10-15 stores a day, you'll find it. If you're going after work and you find something, its because they just put it out or someone else missed it. Buts its all about timing.

Now that I think of it, this isn't so different from other mid-market cities.

Thanks for the info jebarne, and thank you for including some bigger city context!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku or anyone else learned in the ways of foreign military garb. What do I have here?
First part is a quilted jacket / liner(?). I am not sure if this is a stand-alone piece or a liner.
It's labeled GE SPEKON and has some amazing RIES zippers.

The second part of the equation is this jacket. It is marked GE GIRARDI and has OPTI zippers.

They don't zip or fasten together. However, when the Spekon is placed within the Gerardi, you get something that could easily brave the Arctic tundra. Any thoughts? Probably available.

rhyme

Reaction score
Full suits

NWT USAF flame resistant jacket - Picked this a month ago

Last edited:

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
Those Dior deminz :slayer::slayer::slayer:

Takai

Reaction score
@drlivingston

Looks like the first is a Liner, and all three are German from '96 by the looks of it. Wish I were more familiar with other NATO country's militaria, but it's been a while.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Authentic? Looks good to me but LV isn't my area.

I think I see some back-stitching on that patch (where they stitched back over previous stitching) - if so, dead give-away for being a replica. LV stitching should be meticulous with no overlap. But for 49 cents, why not, right? I bought a fake purse on purpose for $8 just to bring it home and use the "how to spot a fake LV" guide to see what really made it a fake, and feel way more confident now that I'd be able to spot one vs. taking a gamble. Plus, my sister wanted the one I bought even though I told her it was fake, and other folks do as well (I would not list it on ebay tho).

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ayo, I just realized I been Busy and I have yet to have a chance to sign up for the gift exchange is it too late too sign up? Im down to exchange with more than one person too. lol.
I slacked on signing up, but I will give good gifts. believe me.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ayo, I just realized I been Busy and I have yet to have a chance to sign up for the gift exchange is it too late too sign up? Im down to exchange with more than one person too. lol.
I slacked on signing up, but I will give good gifts. believe me.

He said it was too late when the last person asked, sorry man! There's a site-wide gift exchange going on, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads