1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Lirum

Lirum Senior Member

Who thrifts in Raleigh? Got out for the first time in several months now that my semester is on and was sorely dissapointed. I figured I'd have several duds making the rounds for the first time, but I hit eight stores and my best find was a tweed Gieves & Hawkes. Didn't get to all of the Raleigh area, only had time for central + NE Raleigh today, but damn. I make the full rounds in my little mountain town and come back with at least 1 bread/butter piece and a tie on a poor day.

2. vexco

vexco Distinguished Member

Went to Asheville today. It was alright. Such a beautiful place but it's awful when the weather is bad like it was today!

All available, per usual.

First thing is not really my wheelhouse. @Fueco or @Nataku is this what I'm looking for?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hermes, BB, weird wool PRL. Hermes needs cleaning.

[​IMG]

Also something I don't know much about. Crosby Square Chaparral chukkas. Size 10EE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canali super 120's flannels. Flat-fronts. 37 waist.

[​IMG]

Church Custom Grade slip-ons. Not sure on size yet since the writing is a bit faded but I'm working on that.

[​IMG]

PRL Olympic sneakers? No idea. Couldn't leave them.

[​IMG]

Rancourt for BB mocs. NWOB. Size 9.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old ass J. Press with unlined collar and a Mercer & Sons from same donor with unlined collar. Both are 15.5/34's

[​IMG]

Gianni Versace Couture SC. 42Rish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Distinguished Member

50% off day is the worst.

The average 50% off day goodwill shopper would kill you if it meant an extra ten percent off.

4. Lirum

Lirum Senior Member

So happy someone else is enjoying Asheville! I haven't seen much else but it's an amazing place to live.

5. vexco

I'm only about 45 minutes away but don't go very often. Only been 3-4 times my entire life haha. It's an awesome place, though, but the people can't drive!

6. Nataku

Nataku Distinguished Member

@vexco That Camp7 is the stuff you're looking for. Great color. A down puffer and has the hood to boot. Well done. Toss it in the wash and you're set!

Shoutout to @silverwarebandit for showing us around Chicago. Had a great time. Also had some amazing Chicago style pizza. Spoiled me for life! Haha. Thanks again!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015

7. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior Member

All this badass filson vests and none is my size. My mother is in town and I showed her and my fiance the Buffalo Plaid Filson vest at a local store and both loved it.

Since all the cool kids are doing it

Like other have said, uniqueness is a lot more valuable to me than something's monetary value when it come to gifts. I'm getting my own private office at work come March so if you had some neat conversation piece I could put on my desk or hang on my wall that would be insanely badass.

I have sort of unusual measurements/proportions when it comes to clothes so I even have a hard time finding anything for myself while thrifting. But anything that would be considered a "staple" in the business casual to business formal wardrobe in my sizes from my profile would be awesome.

8. vexco

Thanks dude! Will throw it in the wash tonight and be good to go.

9. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

Also, toss a couple of tennis balls in the dryer with it. Keeps the down from clumping as it dries.

10. vexco

Sounds good. Will wait til tomorrow for that then so I can grab some tennis balls(don't own any). Thanks dude!

11. winny94

winny94 Senior Member

What ever happened to that amazing blue tom ford sportcoat (and a couple of other ridiculous SCs from makers I can't recall)? From like 4-6 weeks ago I think....?

12. vexco

Think it was @snackbandit

13. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Distinguished Member

Yeah dude, good times! I'm nearly comatose from the pizza now haha.

14. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior Member

For real! Finally found my first Brioni jacket on LI yesterday. At least we know they are out there!

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I appreciate that very much! Did not know that was your area of expertise.
    I hope for your sake they are 42s! Mine were 48 I think, big dude. Same donor?
    FTFY
    The size tag is in the interior seam in the left shoulder.