• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colco

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses last night. Here is yesterday's haul:

Belvest all linen "jacketinthebox" Eur 48 NWT Triple patch side vented. Dope.

Belvest all silk NWT jacket in the box. Single vent button through patch pockets. Eur 50. Wish this ****** fit. Sort of in between a light outerwear piece and an sc.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really need to cop one of these in my size for Halloween next year. Already got the White jeans.

White jeans? The blues are the more classic representation of the look. Hopefully you're already working on the 'stache.

Doomsticks

Reaction score
Thriftmas and thriftfits!

first, sending to Sweden gotta suck! Stylewise im rather casual, I rarely wear a suit, maybe due to the fact that I dont own one!(hint)
I like updated workwear, "heritage" clothing etc. I hate slim fit. My measurements are in my profile.

Im visiting my gfs parents in a small coastal town.

Went out to thrift, found vintage SNS Herning woop!
Thriftfit:
Bomber jacket: Our Legacy thrifted
Shirt: Our legacy thrifted
Jeans: Edwin selvage thriftfunded
Boots: vintage suede brouge ankleboots thrifted

Took a walk in the woods

ballcap in waxed cotton thrifted
Jacked: waxed jacket from Denim Demon
Same shirt and jeans as above
Le Chameau wellington boots thrifted

Dog, pug named Bo/Bosse, got him for free when I found my gf!

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing he dropped his phone in the *******. I never remove my phone from my pocket anywhere near open water or large amounts of liquids for that reason.

Oh, it was in my pocket. Until I pulled up my trousers and

3550614976_24105029_answer_5_xlarge.png

Worst part of story? This is where I had eaten two hours prior:
chipotle-restaurant.jpg

winny94

Reaction score

@Cj52racersDon't buy car rental insurance broski.

Can't agree with this. I was hit in a rental car by someone 1.5 years ago, and it was a huge hassle going through insurance. If I had gotten liability coverage, I would've just dropped off the keys and been on my way. Much less stress for a few bucks more.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I heard people In Vienna are assholes from folks a few times.

Certainly can be. It's a major city, so you tend to get that cold feeling sometimes. That said, I love the city and you'll find all types within. Lots to see and do, so if anyone ever has the opportunity, take it!

Working on a few photos, so I thought I'd throw this on here. It's been on the radio most of the year, but I do like the song. Thought you guys might enjoy hearing German that isn't folk music. He's a German singer. Everyone in the audience is cooler than me, especially the blonde @1:25. I'll try to get a few finds posted tonight.

Edit: It's called Wolke 4, "Cloud 4." In German, "Wolke sieben" (cloud seven) is the equivalent of the English "cloud nine." He's singing about his preference to be on cloud 4 rather than cloud 7 as you won't fall as far as if you're on cloud 7. I don't know if what I just wrote made any sense.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Thriftmas:

Small to sw&d medium sized outerwear would be cool. 8.5 narrow shoes would be neat too but those are hard to find. Anything sw&d in my sizes listed on my profile would be super cool regardless. A handwritten story about me finding an entire rack of vicuna made by Loro Piana, Kiton, every Saville Row maker, and somehow, haggar, at a thrift is a requirement for my gift. No exceptions. Thanks in advance.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't agree with this. I was hit in a rental car by someone 1.5 years ago, and it was a huge hassle going through insurance. If I had gotten liability coverage, I would've just dropped off the keys and been on my way. Much less stress for a few bucks more.

Well, you already had insurance. That's my point. Most insurance covers rentals, and even some credit card companies if you book with their card. Your insurance company giving you a hard time sucks, but that's not reason to buy rental insurance when it's a redundant service in the first place.

TexJake

Reaction score
Thrift-mas Buddy:

Please don't stress at all about what to send. Whatever you might find interesting/cool/appealing/appalling... clothing related or not. Sizes in my profile, if it is clothing/accessories.

Thank you for participating in the exchange, and being willing to donate your time, effort, money, and cool stuff to a fun exchange. :slayer:

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
@impuntura or any of the bike experts, how am I looking at 75 bucks on this?

I'm not at all a bike expert.

But there are some nice features on that bike. The seat alone (even in its worn/cracked state) could get you more than half the money back. I know the vintage/refurbed bike market is pretty big in Louisville, I'm sure it is similarly popular in some parts of NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics