The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Beeare

Beeare Well-Known Member

Are either of these available? I could use a few more pairs of jeans. Do they both fit pretty similarly? The only jeans I own are several pairs in different styles of Naked and Famous, and I always wear their 36s.

2. colorvision

colorvision Senior member

[​IMG]

3. ahk11

ahk11 Senior member

@impuntura nice find! I've been looking for one of those at a reasonable price for years.

4. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

I can see why,i love the way it sits on wrist due to the back contour.its really growing on me

5. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

You would have a claim for wrongful eviction. I have NO idea what California law is on it. But, most states have pretty strict Landlord Tenant laws and would offer some protection. My question would be how were you damaged? Did you have to stay somewhere else? I would expect you would not only get the pro-rata rent for Nov. but you also should get your out of pocket expenses for those few days. Maybe whatever the cost of a few nights stay in a hotel. By the way, I don't think it would be worth it to file a lawsuit unless the California Landlord Tenant laws have some sort of automatic damages. But, you should negotiate for something.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

6. jamesmkeart

jamesmkeart Senior member

My sister is a goodwill manager and part of the issue is that people who price clothes often don't speak English so it's harder to explain wear and tear. Also many of these people come from places where a small hole wouldn't be a reason to throw something away.

Then you have 10 people pricing and one supervisor going through and pulling stuff out. My store is good about pulling stuff. But employees take items and put it in the pile and someone else takes it and puts it away.

7. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

My brother is considering going to Raleigh North Carolina for a Car Auction in December and has invited me to go (his treat! So, that's a thrifty trip!). Are there any thrifters in Raleigh? I'll probably be at the Auction most of the day, but it could be fun to a mini thirfters meet. The Auction is december 4, 5.

8. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Any perks to having a sibling in management at a thrift? Do you at least get a heads up if cool stuff comes in?

9. jamesmkeart

Not really. If she sees something I'll generally get there after someone bought it. Also, she doesn't really know much about menswear.

She did tell me most of the pricing stops around 5 so the pricers can help put stuff on the racks. I've done well going in around that time. She's also told me which stores in the area get the least donations.

10. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

There is one specific store near me that I would love to chat with a manager about when they price stuff/put it out. I stop by on lunch (any time between 11:00am and 3:00pm) all the time and they rarely put new stuff out. Buuuut, every now and again, there will be 6-7 new racks going out. Same with evenings. I was there a few months ago after 8 and there were still 5 racks to get put away. Found a Barbour that day.

11. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Does anybody know what this is

[​IMG]

12. jamesmkeart

I actually worked at a goodwill a long time ago and if you're a friendly regular employees will tell you stuff like that.
    I get a few people who tell me if they have a bunch of men's stuff to put out or if there's a cool coat just because I say hi a lot.

13. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Uli Heckmann is a German photographer who does ad and fashion work. Not aware of him having his own clothing though.

14. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Second HEAVY Polo leather jacket found this week. N/A for the moment
    [​IMG]

15. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

That is gorgeous. Would be interested if it become available.