1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'll certainly let you know. I liked the price point better than others, and that I can plug them directly to my Bose speakers. We'll see... It gives me an excuse to thrift records, if nothing else!

2. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

Would you pay 10$ for a shirt this ugly? It's not actually an xl and has no size listed but approx 15.5 neck. Has the shark logo on the pocket. Fits decent well I just don't think I could wear something this loud.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

My customers have paid $30+ for something like this.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

GATOR CHECK! (N/A)

Footjoys New, pretty sure its real gator but any confirmation would be great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. FabCapsicum

FabCapsicum New Member

Screw that! I sold my M5Gs a while back but still have my mk2s. I was tempted to buy a single deck just to use instead of my Linn Sondek for when parties got a bit mad.

6. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  7. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

8. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Looks good to me. I don't recall seeing any vintage embossed FJs, although I'd assume they did them.

9. chasd2

chasd2 Well-Known Member

Does anyone except me have trouble selling ties? I don't bother posting them on the bay cuz nobody seems to be buying them for more than 5 bux!! Doesn't seem to matter what brand or how nice or ugly. Is it just me????

10. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Looks like a pack of Fruit Stripe gum. I have paid more than that for much uglier shirts. P&S and Etro are like Skeets. People will shell out money for those oddities.

1 person likes this.
  11. Beeare

Beeare Well-Known Member

This thing seems like the good kind of Armani (is Emporio Armani made in Italy always good?). Under $10, slightly too small for myself, though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

I bought two pairs of boots for your appreciation. Neither of them have any variety of markings to indicate who made them. The first pair looks like cross-country ski boots except that I really don't think it is. Hand made. The sole looks pegged together with bits of wood, as far as I can tell, except for the stacked leather heels which are nailed. They fit about 11.5" long x 4" wide at the ball of the foot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pair....wow. I don't even know where to begin. Narrow at the ankle, laced all the way up the calf, and capable of accommodating quite a large calf even though the foot is pretty small. The sole looks hand-sewn, except for the stacked leather heels which are nailed. They fit about 11" long x 4" wide at the ball of the foot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are available, but only after I learn as much as I can about them. Because they are so dang cool.

6 people like this.
  13. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

[​IMG]

Terrible potato teaser. Not true thrift, but insanely underpriced buy/sell/trade.

15 people like this.
  14. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

This is better for the ebay thread, not this one. But if your having issues selling them it's your pictures most likely.

1 person likes this.
  15. vexco

vexco Senior member

Available stuffs.

Jack Spade NWT cotton tie, Liberty of London, BB Makers, BB Makers

[​IMG]

NWOB Magli loafers. 13 Wide.

[​IMG]

Fjallraven G-1000 shorts. NWT. Women's, I think. Tagged 42, probably about a 34ish waist.

[​IMG]

NWT Incotex flat-front cords. 32 waist.

[​IMG]

Clearly my favorite find of the day. Z Zegna Wool/Mohair suit. NWT. Tagged 50S. Flat-fronts, dual vents, all that good shit.

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  16. Edmonton

Edmonton Well-Known Member

I've passed on Ted Baker shirts that weren't as garish as the Paul & Shark above because I couldn't see myself in them. Then along comes this one. Nice simple blue stripe with MOP buttons. AND I think there are several SFers that would appreciate what closed the deal for me ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Window

Window Senior member

cha ching

18. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Ted Baker stuff seems decent. Yesterday, I picked up a sport coat complete with ticket pocket and working cuff buttons. I'm still not tempted to wear it.

19. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Had the day off but only managed to hit a few stores in the morning. Mostly fodder, but did pick this up. All leather jackets were supposed to be $35. The lady at the register says, "I don't consider this leather. This is suede. How about $15?" Who am I to argue with her logic?
    [​IMG]

22 people like this.
  20. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

Upon closer inspection the MOP buttons were not broken but some were cracking so I left the Paul and Shark shirt. I really disliked the pattern too.

Nothing much else today worth posting. There was half a dozen of these unvented cashmere blend Zegnas I left. The patterns were actually pretty nice but they were clearly dated.
    Also some random neat sweater with wood buttons. Didn't like the fit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.