• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Stores here today were still totally bombed out from Halloween, so I didn't find much of anything. However, I did grab the weirdest thing I have bought in awhile, mainly because it was cheap.

Are you ready for weird?

New, old stock (early 70s) Lee denim sport coat (or "Victory Coat") with hand-embroided hippy stuff on the back. It should probably be burned with fire, but I thought it was worth a kop.

Also found these really strange Levis California wool/cotton blend selvedge (!) jeans at the local discount store.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
levi's has completely different lineups, models, etc in europe and japan. you'll often see these migrate stateside in discount racks.

LVC and Made & Crafted were both run out of amsterdam fwiu... only now are they rolling em back into the mothership. funny because one of the selling points of both lines is that they're often american-made - they're selling not just american heritage, but craftsmanship overseas! lol

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
LVC have plenty of made in Japan Models. and the stuff is good. often priced higher than "Grail" Brands. in fact Levis is a big deal here for Denim purists. seen as a kind of "origins of Denim" than the latest trend.

only yesterday saw that the new range features Cone Mills Denim. and cost more than Momotaro and Sugarcanes.

big fan here.
nod[1].gif

Also, Beams is like GAP. only much cooler. making their own stuff, and also having others make for them as a collab of sorts. (Drakes,Rag&Bone,etc)

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh? interesting i didn't realize there was a dedicated japanese lvc line, but they don't sell japanese-made lvc stateside, it all seems to be usa, turkey, portugal, and then italy for the leather stuff...

but, just trying to point out that overseas levi's can be pretty different than what we see domestically. tbh i'd never heard of levi's california, but then i don't peruse the japanese offerings. i wonder if the market would get it here or ?

btw Vader, i copped a pair of Kojima Genes... japanese denim pop! and i think they're stf... any love?

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross post from the LuxeSwap thread because its relevant to lots of you - and I could not be prouder. :slayer:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/307841/luxeswap-official-affiliate-thread/11490#post_8166209

Congrats, spoo! This is huge news!

oh? interesting i didn't realize there was a dedicated japanese lvc line, but they don't sell japanese-made lvc stateside, it all seems to be usa, turkey, portugal, and then italy for the leather stuff...

but, just trying to point out that overseas levi's can be pretty different than what we see domestically. tbh i'd never heard of levi's california, but then i don't peruse the japanese offerings. i wonder if the market would get it here or ?

btw Vader, i copped a pair of Kojima Genes... japanese denim pop! and i think they're stf... any love?

I might Kopp a pair of kojima 15 oz. And wear them to work just to see how they would fade. They are fairly good workwear pieces but nothing too specially. What attracts me are their fairly low price point and they are an Okayama company.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

Not sure about "Dedicated japan only line", but there are LVC made in Japan on offer here. i suspect they are all a part of a lineup made in various countries.

Need to kop some Kojima, really dig their aesthetic.

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Just got back from dicks getting my official royals championship swag!!! Amazing comeback win again! How sad is it that even at the store all I can think of when getting a Tshirt was I could likely get 2 suits for this price! Oh well worth the memories!!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be the first T&A tie I've found that I liked.

Also T&A

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few things from the last week or so. All N/A, unless you are one of those people who have been nice enough to send me something on Spec, and you see something you like.

Are those park aves in as nice of shape as they look? If they become available please PM :)

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A THREE HOUR delay between posts on the Thrifters Thread?!! The world must be coming to an end!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads