1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Well-Known Member

I hope so! I find a gem once in a blue moon round here.
    Seaside towns in England aren't exactly thrift meccas. But I do occasionally find some "heat" [​IMG]

2. Letric

Letric Well-Known Member

10 people like this.
  3. Purplelabel

I'll give you my last rolo for that.

That's so rad, it'll match my new Nike Dunk's so well. [​IMG]

4. Letric

Letric Well-Known Member

The jacket? It's a size M, and available.

5. Purplelabel

I want it, I do. I can't, I have to adult and budget right now. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. thebuddahman

thebuddahman Well-Known Member

Where you based? I'm SW :)

7. Purplelabel

South East, Squire!

1 person likes this.
  8. Purplelabel

I had the luck of @SpooPoker on my side this lunchtime. I just found some Louis Vuitton boots for £5. Need a lot of restoring but for a fiver!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

Curious how the $100 spoofamily christmas turned out.

10. Purplelabel

Beat into the ground, but I WILL find a way to restore them. These are badass! Black jeans, leather or bomber jacket and you're set. [​IMG] Shit me, 5 clams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  11. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Damn 5 bucks for those? And yea those soles are looking pretty rough but it looks like the uppers are sewn to the rubber soles, meaning you may be able to send them to Louis Vuitton to have them recrafted. I know this is something almost solely done with dress shoes, however shoe companies like common projects construct their sneakers in the same manner, sewing the parts together, true craftsmanship, which is why they run so much, and it looks like that may be the case here, if so you may be able to get yourself essentially a brand new pair of shoes.

Edit: That is assuming that that stitch line is actually functional and not just placed there for aesthetic purposes only with the shoes actually just being entirely glued.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. Purplelabel

These must be the best find I've found ever, I'm on the phone to Louis Vuitton's customer services now about the sole replacement. I wonder how much they'll charge for that though!
    I've heard about CP sewing the soles, am I'm wanting the Achilles low pretty badly.

13. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

It's rubber not leather which is the good news, the bad news is that it's Louis Vuitton and they also still totally have to recraft the shoe so they'll probably want a couple hundred bucks at least, but they probably retailed for $1,100 or so, so that's not too bad.

1 person likes this.
  14. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Well-Known Member

Ive left it didn't want to screw with it. It's been there awhile and was a great coat i dont know why someone hadn't touched it. You find the other half to the belstaff?

15. Purplelabel

They said I'll need to send it to a store to get looked at first. This is going to be a pain the ass I can tell!

I may just get the leather treated, cleaned and polished. Chuck on some new laces and give the whole shoe a deep clean, then rock them casually if it'll cost hundreds.

They're not unwearable; still rather comfy and whatnot. We'll see what happens! I will of course, post updates here regardless of which route I go down. [​IMG]

16. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

Size Medium? [​IMG]

17. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

The thing is is that that black layer of rubber is not meant to act as a support for your body, it's a solid rubber base in which the support base is adhered to. In other words, wearing down the sole and walking primarily on the black may not be very comfortable and could actually lead to pain. The leather on those is probably extremely high quality and will last for ages, I'd take em to a leather guy, pay the 8 bucks or so to have them totally refurbish the uppers, and just splurge on the soles and get yourself a new pair of LV sneakers for next to nothing compared to retail. Plus if your rockin LV sneakers you don't want em to look all busted anyway, defeats the purpose.

18. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

But yea, it's LV, they aren't gonna make it easy to just get replacement soles for a pair of their shoes. They're gonna make it a hassle.

19. Bahljs

Bahljs Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  20. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

Whoa.... I wonder if that collaboration is just gonna go over sneakerheads...heads... and get passed on, making them easy to get or if there gonna be some shit you need to camp out for or be quick on the draw at your computer the second they go live.