• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dayum, that jacket is awesome. Any remote chance that's a S/M and available?

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Same here, if a proxy on a small is available.

Spoo- is the Mugler available and if is, what's the size on that? I have a soft spot in my heart for Mugler stuff due to my love of his fragrances.

It is - 16/41.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here, if a proxy on a small is available.

Spoo- is the Mugler available and if is, what's the size on that? I have a soft spot in my heart for Mugler stuff due to my love of his fragrances.

Marked medium but I gots a wild small Thierry Mugler shirt for you.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are 100% missing the point. I guess what I'm saying is that this use to be more of a gentleman's thread. Yea, people would post dollar amounts of what they paid for a certain item and maybe post what they also made off said item. But somewhere things got skewed, and all of a sudden it's "I KNOW MORW THAN YOU, CUZ ******* IS BIGGERZ CUZ IS FINDZ MORS KITONZ AND SHITZ AND NOBODY ELSE CAN HAZ ANY CUZ ITS ALL MINE!!!! **** ALL YALL WIT YOR ***** AZZEZ, I MAKES MORE MONEZ THAN ALL YOU PUNCK TIRCKS. BOW DOWN TROGLIDITES!!!!
This thread has strayed and evolved, but it's not all about the $ now, it wasn't all about the clothes then.

Nothing new to post, because I have sworn off thrift shopping for a while, and been working on a pumpkin instead of my backlog:

Those are lemons for arms, that thing that looks vaguely like a pigeon is his tongue.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife just took a pair of Alden MTO Cigar Shell wingtip boots to the thrift shop. They were too narrow (10A) so hardly ever worn. Good luck!

First time I've seen someone brag about what they donated to the thrift rather than what they bought at the thrift.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Logged on to answer a few pms might as well leave these here...

Kenzo caps are selling for 100 on grailed

I dont usually pick up polos unless

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@SpooPoker the only thing I can say for sure right now is that I WANT it.

My gut feeling is early 1900s--WWI or II. Quick research shows it's most likely naval: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensign_of_the_United_States as they used 13 star flags into the 1900s. From the pictures it looks mostly machine sewn--is there any hand stitching? If I were forced to guess from what I know right now, I'd say it hung in a naval office, was used in a ceremony, or was made as a gift (or in memory). No matter what, you have something seriously valuable there. The name that keeps popping up is Jeff Bridgman, an antique flag dealer in Pennsylvania. He buys flags, so maybe shoot him some detailed photos and see what he says. I'll keep researching because it seriously interests me.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is exactly the same colors and font as Paul & Shark. The tag hid the mark, I saw paul and threw it in my pile. Got it out of the bag when I got home and ******* lost it laughing.

Had the same thing happen with this

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, you guys are pulling grailz while I get thirsty because of this damn drought...

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, you guys are pulling grailz while I get thirsty because of this damn drought...

Haven't been able to thrift for like 3-4 days cuz I keep waking up too late. Fml.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Even better... My last stop today was like a "What does Fueco really want to find today in his size" romp. Patagonia Retro X, Patagonia R3, Ibex pullover, and a Mountain Hardwear Windstopper tech shirt. All that was missing was some Voormi goodness, but I'm working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads