1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. concealed

concealed Senior member

I actually bought a pair of the Yeezy Boost 350s, #retailthough

[​IMG]

2. borbor

borbor Senior member

you brunello'd today???

you animal [​IMG]

3. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Welp. I'm just going to stay home this afternoon then...

4. TJGent87

TJGent87 Senior member

You should go out man, I'm gone. You only have Sashae to worry about lol. The last time you scored something major remember? :slayer:

5. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

[​IMG]

6. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

Kidding right? Please say you are kidding that you would donate those instead of selling them.

7. borbor

borbor Senior member

If you don't do video, the 3100 is a mere AF upgrade from your D40. IIRC the D40 doesn't have AF motor in-body; not sure if 3100 does. If it does it's probably a better bet than a D40.

I'm a nikon guy, BUT I'm not a consumer grade guy; so that series of bodies I'm not really educated on.

8. shoelover

shoelover Senior member

My first ever thrifting trip. Here are some of the things I found. Others have already been dropped at the cleaners. Please tell me if I did well or basically bought a bunch of garbage. I am just learning, so all the helpful advice/criticism I can get is great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

Those Converse are cool, but I honestly probably would have left all of that. If the Converse and the Cole Haan were cheap enough, you may be able to turn a modest profit. There are some members here that sell Jos A Bank signature ties and that orange print one is one of the better options for this, but you probably couldn't get more than $10 or so on average.

10. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

A few noteworthy finds recent finds. Sorry for the unedited I-Phone pics.

U.S. Air Corp WWII Horsehide Flight Jacket size 40 (possibly avail)

[​IMG]

It is not the find of the year because it is a Reproduction. But, its still horsehide and its still awesome and the company that makes them uses WWII surplus Talon Zippers, and EVERY detail is exactly the same as the originals even the tags, and the Air Corp stamps. If it didn't say U.S. Authentic Co., this would pass all the tests for true 1940's vintage.

A NEW Harris Tweed in a great blue gray color. Dual side vents-- which I almost never see on a HT. N/A

[​IMG]

I don't usually mess with Hart Schaffner Marx, but this is new and I have good luck with Navy Blazers lately. Must be kids getting something to wear home from College for Thanksgiving.

[​IMG]

A Minty fresh (possibly unworn) Pendleton Plaid SC. This thing is perfect! (Avail)

[​IMG]

NEW Jack Victor Suit Super 130s Wool and Cashmere (42L) I don't usually buy Jack Victor to resell, but I have been VERY happy with the Blazer that I bought and this is new. Some of their lines must be canvassed. This is canvassed and that fabric feels luscious! Avail

[​IMG]

AND an OXXFORD Cashmere Top Coat. It has the most interesting buttons I have seen.

For some reason some of my pics are loading. Here are the buttons. They have texture.

[​IMG]

Another pair of OLD Custom Equestrian Boots like the pair I posted last week or so. These were apparently made for polo playing and haven't been cleaned up yet.

[​IMG]

A vintage rain Overcoat in a great looking brown, cream and black puppytooth. The pics wash it out, its a much warmer color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pair of size 7D Vintage Florsheim Gunboats (I'm assuming these will end up in Asia).

[​IMG]

And some other Fodder:

Southwick Suits, 4 pair of Zegna 5 pocket Cords, a pair of Unknown brand Black Shell Cordovan Longwings, a Killer Pyrex Stove Top Coffee maker, some Henckle knives,

A NEW Pendleton Lodge Shirt and a NEW Pendleton Shadow Plaid Outdoorsman, Several Harley Davidson T-Shirts, and some other stuff in my wife's car that I forget about.

11. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Photo dump
    2 weeks
    [​IMG]
    Womens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. shoelover

shoelover Senior member

The ties I actually bought for me. The Cole Haan were $3.99 and the Converse were $8.99 brand new. I should've stated that I am not really trying to turn any profit. I am buying things for myself.

13. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

14. freehand

freehand Senior member

what @dukedishin said. I think reading this thread can give you a warped perspective on what amount of stuff you can expect to come back with from a trip to the thrift stores. Be really selective, unless it's all stuff you'll wear. But even then, buy less, wait for the amazing stuff. It will show up. Then brag about it to strangers!

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Furniture bros... Chromcraft looks like a thing according to my Google skills. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]