• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who did you pick for Ted Cruz? Pretty much have everyone else narrowed down

I'm thinking @barrelntrigger, true (denim) believer...

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,i think im done posting here.I just cant enjoy it anymore .even spoilered its just a ******* nightmare man.Im literally turned off from coming here and I cant be the only one.its not entertaining anymore.i will still check my pms so the deals i got going with people are still good.
May just need a break from this idiot but for now Im done,back to tumblr.

Is it just me or has this forum gotten less active recently?

Chotii

Reaction score
Anyone know what im looking at here? I've never seen the label below the Polo one.

As far as I can tell, it means 'of velvet (from) Pontoglio' - a town in Italy known for its sumptuous velvet fabric manufacture.

Polo Ralph Lauren vest, made of Pontoglio Velvet.

Or Pontoglian. Or something.

Last edited:

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vintage Reversible Shearling Hat

Chotii

Reaction score
My username comes (originally) from the name of a lake in South Africa: Lake Chotiari. ('chott' means lake in Afrikaans). I read about a project to drain the lake in an engineering magazine at a job I had once long ago. I went by 'chotiari' for years, and then it gradually got shortened to 'choti' and then hack-pluralized to 'chotii'. Some places, it's 'chotiiii'. On my birthday last year, it was chotXLVIII. The year I turned 30...it was X rated.

It seems the word means something in Hindi - 'little' or 'small'. Which also applies.

Last edited:

freehand

Reaction score
All available. Crappy pics (well, even crappier than usual, it's a gloomy afternoon here)

Oxxford Carroll & Co pure cashmere. Approx 42S. Quite a surprising find round here.

Shirts: Dege & Skinner bespoke (15.5, shorter than usual arms), Prada (15), short sleeved T&A bespoke (around 15 I think)

Couple of ties. The Kilgour is weird, slubby and quite a stiff texture - wtf is verona? PZ is wool and gorgeous so actually that's probably NA.

Chotii

Reaction score
First Oxxford item I've seen. Content unknown, but probably either wool or a high% wool blend. Price on it was $25 (they do so love their Fashion Focus thing), so I didn't buy it, but I'm willing to proxy. No size tag. I 'measured' ptp with my hand and it's about 25" across. I didn't see any damage anywhere.

Last edited:

Tradvocate

Reaction score
I got a ticket to a concert with these guys from a friend. He wanted to buy a t-shirt but they were sold out in his size so I made one. The "logo" and text are from thrifted records

I really dig the Fisherman's Blues. My ****** band plays that sometimes. Would have dug finding that album.

Last edited:

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm missing the reference. A league of their own, I get, but....?

Ahh damn, text didn't show up. He tells the ump he looks like a penis with a hat on. The shearling looks, uhh, mushroomesque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics