• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is precisely why I haven't posted about the **** I'm about to do... pray for me thrift bros. Fishy's about to go the **** in

**** PAID.

Brodeetz in due time with other bits of haul. Prices were FAR more than true thrift, but still good enough. Definitely can't take trades or cut deals on these guys.

2x flat front Super 130s Isaia suits, 42 x 3something

Enrico Isaia staple gray, 46 R x 3something

Sort of freaking out over what I paid (A LOT), but you don't leave a Brunello Cucinelli cashmere-trimmed down jacket. Size L.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been a long time coming. Not spoilering because Savile Row. N/A
I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever [infin.] tire of seeing hand felling like that. Whether on a sexy Savile Row labeled jacket or some of the obscure bespoke makers from the Connecticut Gold Coast that every one in a blue moon show up in the shops here. I remember one jacket whose reverse lapel looked like Ray Liota's face. Label was nothing anyone would ever have heard of -- tiny store front in Old Greenwich. Full on tent pitch and I geeked out for like 10 minutes. It even (mildly and temporarily) suppressed my competitive edge, and I didn't even care what other people in the store might be finding.
:crackup:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I shared is a huge aspect of what is contributing to immsnely dropping salees average for items, oversaturdated maket do to uknowledagble flippers who just know brands coppin for the low and under cutting, the others using strategies that I highlighted, to trick people into buying things, resulting in customer trust levels to plummet. this thread is litterred with iinddviduals who not only love doign this but love it and need it for a secondary source of income, the fact that someone here is partaking in activities directly harming a huge percentage of thread members is something I thought would be truly appreciated to be known by you guys, I thought I was doing something right, I thought I was outing someone here who is acting lie a regular and tircking people into this, while really ust partaking in actions stabbing us in the back...With that said

@impuntura
.... it seems likek your quite easily ammussed, it also seems like your incapable of retaining information. This thrifting you do, to make money yea? you still with me? that I know a good percentage at the very least if not all yoru clothing, is getting consigned because youve mentioned this, a long with certain other things that make it abundantly clear, YOUR MAKING LESS MONEY PRECISELY DO TO **** LIKE THIS BECUASE YOUR SELLERS ARE LOOSING THE CONFIDENCE OF BUYERS OR THEY ARE LOSING BUSINESS TO UNDERCUTTERS SO THEY ARE HAVING TO SETTLE ON OFFERS FAR BELOW WHAT THEY SHOULD BE GETTING. YO COMPRENDE, YOUR LOOSING MONEY ON EVERY SINGLE IEM. ARE YOU STILL LAUGHING..because i thnnk thats as basic and straight forward as I can make it. Why having to spell the fact that I exposed something quite blatnatly about the indsutyr a 40 yourold man uses to make his incone, is resulting in him loosing money is beyond me. Your feelings towards me, I dont know where they manfiested, but I do know a couple other things though, that the reason and source of them, is and will never bea concern of mine because you continually prove to me in so many many ways....well lets just say its is so beyond caring that its laughable and the reasonings for thsi are as as well....good luck with yourself....and when I know something goes over your head again, Ill just let it stay there, because there is no ******* point.

@freehand
.... I appreciate your direction and that what you said did in fact seem genuine and you were just speaking man to man. but I would just like to assure you that 1. this is in no way affecting my life, a morning measuring a rack that was quite literally just about half full and packed of purely Brioni all current Brioni suits.... well that can put a smile on any mans face, probably the one above (rebuttal bro?). So business is on track and going nowhere but up and lifes great. But as I stated in first, so I dont need to again, I came across something, one of us, pretnedning to be acontirnbuting member, partaking in actiosn that is in turn hurting the income of the very large percentage of people on here who like to sell goods they thrift as well. This is infomration that I personally was upset over due to my dedication to honesty and my business acumeman and ny busienss plan all focused on primiary ideals of the utmost importance, all thigns that are nbeyond necessities to be one of the people that actually are able to be succesful in this indsutry, Its a skill set that is hard to cultivate and one you must always unwaveringly apply, and thank god I am quite good at doing so. But others who don't spend the time I do or have perhaps the education I am luckily enough to possess, may want to know this so they can be aware that there are people here actively participating in behaviors ******* them over. The people here I respect and I truly like, they deserve to know...and the cuplprit, after ifnorigin an attempt to settlle the situation quickly and effortsless went flat out ignored and the listing remained, as do others people have actually been sending to me (SO YES THIS ACTUALLY MATTERS TO PEOPLE) he deserved to be publically revealved and knwon andpractices divulged so a name can be put to the reason why you only got 200 bucks for a Brioni suit or whatever (thats just an example but you understand my point). I'm fine, and so is what I do because of how I do it, however exposure was deserved and it won't continue.

@My Main Man
I appreciate your flippant response to what I shared it was entirely appropritate. It truly showed that you not only grasped the issue at hand, but that reasonsn like this, are the reasons why Spoos auctiosn finish for less now on a consistent basis, something I know he is very aware of but I know will not discuss, but Im sure he doesn't appreciate. I don't know what it is that you do for your income, you don't need to share it with me because I honestly dont need know nor does it matter. But as someone who does this for aliving coming across something like this being done by someone on this thread actively and conitually, is something that I tried to handle via PM quickly and quitely and it went ignored, so he needed to be exposed and the people who sell deserve to know that someone here is actively partaking in methods that directly result in lower reutnrs. This may nto matter to you and good for you that it doesn't, but somepeople, they need a secondary source of income and they dont need to be backstabbed by form members and if this is occuring, they deserve to know. I hope you are good at what you do, I hope there isnt an influx of people for whatever desk you sit at actively petitioning your boss to sit in your chair for an amount of money you make in an hour, that theyll take for the week. Now personanlly, I know what Im doing and Im good at at it and I know how to take measures that allow me to not be affected by this undercutters and what not. Ill openly admit that **** all day, WHILE I EAT A WHOLE ******* BOX OF SNICKERS at my desk. So again, thank you for taking the time to try and understand what this truly menas, the lifes that it affects, and the money people are not getting because of practices like this, TRULY, THANK YOU, its so relieving that you didn't just choose to resspond with some weak comment compeltely diismissing what I shared without a care or thought of a single other member of this thread that that informeation affects. Thank you.....Your brain able to grasp information now? Are we getting it? I hope so because I will only do impuntura words for him I cant do it for evyerone. So have a good day

BECAUSE I HAD A GREAT DAY, why? Because I ******* found IT.....WELL ACTUALLY honestly IT FOUND ME AND IT FOUND ME IN A FLAT OUT UNFATHOMABLE MANNER. LET ME BE CLEAR THAT THIS WAS NOT AT TRUE THRIFT AND WAS NOT HANGING OUT IN THE OPEN AT MY LOCAL GOODWILL .....BUT THE GRAIL HAS BEEN FOUND, THE GRAIL. Yall just peep the preview below if it hasn't already been made obvious enough .... I can now claim official ownership and will be able to make that very statement for the rest of my life and never ever be lying. I ******* got it, all. *******. mine.

So for you 3 and everyone else, you continue on with your days, and enjoy yourselfs, especially you @impuntura and actuallly @My Main Man a snickers does sounds like a good call right now, thanks for the suggestion... I guess I'm just feeling ina good mood or something....

Oh and Ill be sure to retain from giving out infomation that is important to this thread, I apologize, I try to just help, but hey you don't want it, I can't do anything about that.... GOOD LUCK OUT THERE EVERYONE. MAY BRIONI AND LP BE THE THE FUTURE FOR ALL.

JOMPSO IS ******* OUT. ADIOS.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the field and could use a quick response. Pamela Anderson?

Naw them some 100% natural big ol floppy ******* .... Versace Collection. Refraining from personal opinions, I will state that you have found a tie that will do fine by you, even lacking the keeper everyone really wants and having the new one instead.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jompso - You obviously don't have any older siblings, because your ability to take a joke is solidly on a spoiled-only-child level. Join the playful people. We're relaxed, we have fun, and we still make money.

EDIT: Sorry to everyone else. I hate when stuff like this clutters this thread. I'm out of this convo.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking how few decent shirts I've been finding lately. Then this popped up.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

In the field and could use a quick response. Pamela Anderson?
Tie is real dude.
I remember one jacket whose reverse lapel looked like Ray Liota's face.
Literally ******* LOL. LOL.
Ugh. I know I just claimed I was done with this. buuuuuuuut, the vicuna pic Jompso posted is literally the same pic from this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/431918/...rringbone-sport-coat-blazer-eu-56-46-us/0_100
[VIDEO][/VIDEO] @ Entire thread - play this in the background while you read the next 10 pages.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I know I just claimed I was done with this. buuuuuuuut, the vicuna pic Jompso posted is literally the same pic from this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/431918/...rringbone-sport-coat-blazer-eu-56-46-us/0_100

The pic I got was from a google search, i just copyd the URL address, why i just stated it was a preview pic... im not bustin out a phot shoot at the moment... This is not the jacket though, I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT...I will share it, this isnt a mystery Rolex....Maybe I will trieat you with pcs tomorrow, or tonight, or on Friday for a little good luck for any weekend thrifts...who knows? Stay tuned, cuz its as sexy as the ******* fabric itself and couldn't look any more different than that picture above. And yes, your ability to read a persons number a siblingsis is good, just as much as your ability to make jokes at approprie moments on issues that are truly important to people who do this as a ******* career, is poor...So I'lll take the opporuntiy now although I know you wanted to "appear" to be the bigger man. But Im out,, fuckin out for good cuz this **** is tired. So again everyone good luck out there. Cuz I did ok haha....

Last edited:

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
In the field, someone help me identify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads