1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Recent finds...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E-thrift. Not sure how thrifty it really was as I had myself in mind and the seller had another in blue. I thought I could grab them both, but it turns out other people had discovered them. Anyone here grab the blue one? I think it went for $45 or so. Got this for around $30.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't play video games and never owned one of these, but I picked up a working Sega Mega Drive and a total of 5 games, including these 4. No crazy value or anything, but it was fun to play for about 6 minutes.

[​IMG]

I grabbed several lithographs from an art gallery in April or May. These range from the 1600s to the late 1800s. Anyway, I decided to order custom frames rather than take them to my usual place. Solid wood frames, museum glass, mattes, and I added a couple rolls of archival tape to mount them. It came out to less than half of my normal costs. Worth a shot to do on your own. My measurements were off by about 6cm, so they are mounted a bit high. Sorry, colors are way off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grabbed this because I like old hunting stuff. I guess (?) it's original. Printed 1824, but haven't looked into it yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

I posted this in the other thread by accident. How do I delete that? Anyway... I walk in the door after hitting some stores today. Did ok. My brother hands these two items to me because he "doesn't like how they fit anymore." He told me I could keep them since they are both my size but I don't really need anything ATM. Vest is pretty much unworn and is a medium. Denim was bought from self edge in NYC about a year ago. 34x32 give or take on the length since he had them hemmed. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

That's some serious win... PM'd.

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

@Nataku

Can you tell roughly how old this Gerry down vest is? I picked it the other day. 60/40 shell (nylon lining) and reversible. Sadly, it really does fit like a vintage medium.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

not just the good, the very best possible outcome you could have... lucky....lazy rich guys out here refuse to fly the 8 thousand miles or so and either wait for Row houses that actually travel like I believee Timothy Everest, gieves, and Poole, and chester is constantlly having turnk shows at Carroll and CO and a few other big ones, theyll do lengthy America stays for clients who pay them to come here.Rich LA guys do shit differently though at least the ones I know that are heavy into suiting, they stack their racks of nothing but the very finest money can buy and then they wear none of it, then find some local bespoke crafter and get like 12-15 done and only where that shit...alll while everything else ust sits there, never to be donated and these guys would never ever inna million years even consider the idea of consigning, finding it beneath them....trust me, I've fucking tried persistently...

I was a family friends closet, well it was actually about 400 Sqf room, designated racks for specific brands always purchased and never worn...personally I couldn't decide if I liked his to bars dedicated solely to ever single piece of suit Zegna released that season, as in every color and type of wool and blend, because they are autoically set aside for him at Neimans and delivered to his door, that or his one rack that was slightly longer that was strictly to hand every single one of his 100% cashmere Kiton suits that he purchases seasonally in every pattern and colorway, delivered as well...however he just lets this shit hand and never ever wears an of it, except his like 10-15 local bespoke suits that get worn daily and aren't worth shit, except one of them is, I mean I know @capnwes would do great with it....it was made by the same tailor but the fabric was a medium solid blue wool, Super 150s from Scabal, so it was beautiful color as was the fabric, it was very nice, but also had this odd texture too that was off, like there was something else going on with this wool like a coating on it like it got fucked by the cleaners or something....naw, that was the feeling of the entire suit also having tiny diamonds woven into the wool, covering the suit in it's entirity. Scabal super 150s wool entirely covered with dimaonds woven into the fabric...dude got it made for this special event dinner he was looking forward to going to. 22k on 1 suit, to eat food and donate some money then go home and sleep and never wear it again...that room haunts me.....but hey if you need that source for the Scabal diamond wool for your next garment Ill be able to get it for you, no problem haha

6. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

POP! I could smell the rich Horween leather on these Rancourt Ranger Mocs down the aisle
    [​IMG]

7. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Based on my records, I find shell almost exactly once every three months. But I found these only a week after finding those V-Cleats. I'm going to have to take these back to make sure the trend continues. Thought I'd photograph them before they go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Go Brewers!

9. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

Painting by Sam Newton, a Florida Highwayman
    [​IMG]

Awesome vintage matchbox from the museum of natural history in France, with a tile by raymonde leduc on top
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Woodblock print by Sabra Field
    [​IMG]

Still life by Robert Wee
    [​IMG]

10. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

S.
    E.
    X.

11. sashae

sashae Senior member

Cop question.

Found a black Loro Piana deerskin thigh-length jacket with fat patch pockets, cashmere lined (sweet!)

The leather on the pockets and the ends of the sleeves is drained of color and slightly sueded (sad.) Also, the lining on the sleeves (silk) is shot and will need to be relined.

$85. Cop or no?

12. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

yes. L? sell to me.

13. Takai

Takai Senior member

...is this a question?

14. sashae

sashae Senior member

P. sure it was an L, yeah. I'll go back for it tomorrow.

15. TJGent87

TJGent87 Senior member

If it's LP mainline it's worth a swing, worst case you'll make back your money.