Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. eazye

eazye Senior member

Yea, orphan here too, but of the other variety. Navy two button jacket with dual vents. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

3. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

Ted Lapidus Luggage is dope. I seen some hard sided cases and duffles worth keeping.

4. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Dat Patina dou
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was about to head out when these gems rolled out
    EAZYE I know u wanted to pick one up for ur wife as a present,its MINT and crispy as fuck.
    [​IMG]

5. TexJake

TexJake Senior member

I definitely agree with what you've said here (all of it, not just the shortened version, haha). These are just some examples of what I picked up over the last few months. I honestly wasn't even planning to branch out into the realm of eyewear, as I already knew/know that there are LOTS of ways to screw yourself. But, I started seeing designers I recognized whose frames were not made in China, or stuff that I already knew was cool/good. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of frames that I grabbed that are gone/tossed out now, but they were part of my learning experience.

I appreciate the help and knowledge! I'll definitely continue to read and learn, cause that's almost as much fun as finding the cool stuff, and when you find that diamond in the rough or needle in the haystack that you otherwise would have passed on without having done the research, it makes it all that much more rewarding.

6. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Wow, finally got caught up! I was out for a couple weeks only to find that I was 100 pages behind!

Didnt see anyone post about GW half off sale on Saturday, did anyone find anything great?!

I only found 2 pairs of Kiton suit orphaned pants. I ll post pictures later, but if anybody from Dallas finds the Blazers hit me up, and maybe we could make a trade of some sort.

Anyways, keep it up yall!

7. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

It could be both but if it's the latter, it's still very sportscoatable.
    Hahaha, the first thing i do after getting into any car is lock the doors! Good to have you back!

Fuck! I regret leaving a 2 piece Poole tux and an orphan behind when i first stared... did pick up and sell the first orphan and kept a Charvet pocketsquaere though!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015

8. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

Been pretty dry lately in DFW. If I find the Kitons, you will be the first to know. If you get a chance post the patterns.

9. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

Was the owners first name Carl on that Eazy? I found my first Poole last week and have been meaning to post. It was outside the city but would be interesting to find out if big wardrobe donations get broken up.

I started my first job in 10 months two weeks ago so my finds have just been stuff picked up while shopping for personal use. Love to see everyone else is still thrifting at full force

10. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Quick stop, prana sweater and a killer pattern talbott boc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I think it was towards the end of my ver first week that I saw this blazer on a rack and it felt nice, and I looked inside and at that time, what I saw was unlike any of the other itmes I had come across, because it was alll hand written with just a small brand patch, and this little patch had some random name and even an address, I concluded fairly quickly that this was obviously a custom made suit and I also was aware that a lot of custom made suits from this area were known to be nice, so my newly acquired ebay app that was in heavy use back in the day acted as a matchmaker to me and a suit I noticed was going for around 400 bucks on ebay, made in England, and I knew all about savile row, but who the fuck is Anderson & Sheppard? That is the exact play by play of the very first time that me and Savile row tailoring formally met. A suit with a price tag of 20 dollars that I will never forget.....the next week I proceeded to then thrift a total of 6 pure cashmere Kitons, not only in one week but my fucking second week of thrifting ever...and each one was matched with a Brioni Pure cashmere or Brioni suit...by the end of that week I thought I hadn't just discovered something that I enjoyed doing, that I was gonna be a fucking billionaire in 2 years or so....well I found out soon that find 6 kiton cashmeres in a week, or I believe 5 brioni cashmeres in the same to go with a couple Brioni suits and 2 Pal Zileri Sartoriale blazers to round it off, that that shit doesn't happen every week, and that there's actually times where you can go someplace and not even find anything....hahaha and from those very roots, Jompso was born and the real world began..
    dated 2003, a light heathered flannel gray with an extremely light gray pinstripe....i'd consider willingly submitting myself to indetured servitude of the racks for an entire full day here strictly for your store if you have hte matching counter part, I want to own Anderson Sheppard suit so bad, for the exact story stated above, owning one would mean much much more to me than selling one. Bring me to my roots, to the beginning, to where it all began. My first true piece of art I ever thrifted...Kitons can be bought and sold, A&S cannot, and goin the ebay route would be meaninfless, gotta be acquired the very same way the very first was......please have the match....some guy happend to forget his suit jacket all the way across the country then just donated the pants...this is exactly what happened.....please

12. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

dang is Prana a thing? Passed on a shirt today...

13. Takai

Takai Senior member

Any of you peeps fans of that awful baseball club, and wear a sz 7 1/8 hat? @ATLjon @ReubenR @TheNeedMachine @anyotherATLpeepsorbravesfans. Picked up a beautiful 5950 from your only good years, you awful awful people.

please tell me you know Im just hating on you because I can
    but really, my redbirds are much better

14. concealed

concealed Senior member

Don't lose sleep. Its an outdoorsy brand thats moderately expensive at retail. its like Patagonia's little cousin.

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'd call it Lululemons little cousin these days...

In the old days, prAna was about the best climbing clothing you could be. They're still decent, but not like the were back in the day...