1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

Polo jackets are sweet. Don't know if anyone saw the pics I put a spoiler on but if anyone did is that BB tie gren? I know I should be better at spotting it I just always second guess myself.

2. suited

suited Senior member

Merry Christmas fellas

3. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Probably like my third fit posted on this forum. All this is either clearance final sale, eBay, or gift. I personally spent less than $90 on everything here.

[​IMG]

Jacket - no name
    Tie - Engineered Garments cashmere
    Square - Kent Wang
    Shirt & Trou (navy) - Brooks Bros
    Shoes - walnut Strands

Fit ain't perfect and it's decidedly not baller by this thread's standards, but for a broke ass starving artist, I'm okay with it. Hoping to seriously up my game now that I've started thrifting.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    9 people like this.
  4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

my point exactly. id get arrested if i started walking in public with those.

3 people like this.
  5. double00

double00 Senior member

well, i had a 30% off and its gonna expire soon, so i went out:

[​IMG]
    ok. beyond true thrift.

[​IMG]
    did you know nike is a heritage brand now? lol this is made in portugal

[​IMG]
    i'm such a fool for PRL

also...

[​IMG]
    id'd shell for the first time. did not kop.

7 people like this.
  6. eazye

eazye Senior member

Who said anything about going out in public? Personally, I'd be stretched out on my kangaroo fur rug with a fine glass of cognac and a roaring fire. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

why?!

3 people like this.
  8. SpooPoker

the week thus far - pretty pleased with this round of things - the Herzfeld robe and the velvet robe are N to the A, everything else is.

Came home to find a plethora of gifts, one a gift to myself from @playdice, the 1987 fat boys poster was on my mind since he posted it about a year ago. Its so damn awesome.

And many many thanks to my secret santa @ATLjonfor sending, amongst some ebay fodder, this amazing 1929 yearbook owned by a pulitzer prize winner, and the ubiquitous waffle house pins and cozys! :slayer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  9. klay49

klay49 Senior member

@the2ndhandman hey buddy, just wondering if your thriftmas package arrived..sent it last week 2 day priority

Edit: also, merry Christmas and happy holiday's to all

10. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Holy shit! NWT Isaia patch pocket sc or suit?! Why didn't you kop the shells?

I went out today, too. But all I got was an old ass Burberry blazer...But did manage to pick up some sweets for the wife.

Bro, Comme Ca Du Mode is a Japanese mall brand. Five Foxes owns a lot of mall brands including Comme Ca Ism, FYI.

1 person likes this.
  11. SpooPoker

yep, i know - last one i had did well so thought i would try again.

12. double00

double00 Senior member

9c, so not my size but they really needed a resole. i didn't recognize the brand and wasn't sure the market would either. frankly i don't really do a lot of footwear so my game isn't great.

i dunno, did i screw up? i could probably still kop if i committed a crime of omission.

EDIT: did i mention my thrifting style is laid back? the list of things i've passed on would get me excommunicated from this thread. lol

13. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Timmah

Timmah Senior member

Those robes look amazing Spoo

1 person likes this.
  15. SpooPoker

the woman in line behind me called me "Hef" :lol:

2 people like this.
  16. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Proxy on the shell? My size

17. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

It was a good pass. The back of the one shoe had like a 1/2" slit hole.

18. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

oh yeah, i like them a lot. great shoes for driving, shopping, and taking of easily when i go indoors.
    and strangely, i had been thinking about getting some leather AF1's for a few weeks.
    - figured they were, super nice dress shoes, will keep them for when i need to "Suit up". - perfect for the black suit dress code.
    loved the whole box of goodness. Mrs Vader was also pleased to see the guys on the computer sent me a present. so thumbs up from her too. [​IMG]
    yup, popular with the "Salaryman" crowd. decently made and styled office wear for those who really beat on their work clothes.

should do well, DuMode is their higher line.

And thanks Spoo, my thrifting has slowed down recently. as my closet is full. but participating in here, and being a part of such a great crowd relieves a lot of stress. providing cool stuff to see, conversation, and some lolz.

@eazye Really glad you liked the swag, that Issey Miyake Jacket has me interested to see how you rock it. (depression era steez?) and you might be the only person ever to drink that whiskey on your turf. hope it's good. and that Ships sweater..... liked that one a lot. enjoy it all mang. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. double00

double00 Senior member

was it cut open? i saw a stitching issue but it was hard for me to see past the hole in the outsole. fun to see shell in this neck of the woods in any case.

20. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

Where I am previously from I used to find shell regularly. It was on the top back heel right side. I am pretty sure those are the same ones. Rolls look like the same anyway, the brand name was heavily worn on the insole. Maybe they are a different pair though.

1 person likes this.