• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not sea turtle anyway, it's crocodile.

edit: beat by the man himself

Futuremyth knows the beat.
Besides theyre not old enough to be turtle,unless they are still slaughtering them still somewhere and making shoes

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've sent out the first round of PMs to those that have signed up for the gift exchange. Thanks to everyone that has signed up, lots of familiar faces in the lot! If you'd still like to sign up, there is plenty of time! Dig up my last post for all of the details! It's a ton of fun digging around for something that you're not calculating ROI on as you look at it :happy: Really though, it's fun to search for things that you think someone else would enjoy getting!

I'd also like to remind everyone about @futuremyth's post from a week or so ago. He's playing video games for 24 hours in order to raise money for Children's Miracle network. His goal is $200, so if you have a bit extra around, go drop him a couple of bucks!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=177779

Here's the current gift exchange list. Please let me know if I've missed your name!

330CK
capnwes
Cj52racers
concealed
drlivingston
dukedishin
freehand
futuremyth
GMMcL
highvoltorb
hooker4186
IRKSM
jdrizzy
kbadgley84
Ken P
Koala-T
matty long legs
mistermidwester
Nataku
Orgetorix
ReubenR
rhz5001
SpooPoker
Woofa

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score

Boom, frenchy'd.

Or should it be mainy'd?

Speaking of which, where the heck is @mainy these days?

He's making my life in SF hell. Keeps picking up all the Kiton and Cucinelli here.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's making my life in SF hell. Keeps picking up all the Kiton and Cucinelli here.
I'd venture to guess that the guy (his brother?) who was buying for him around here is out there now, as I haven't seen him around here in months.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aw hell, i was going to post all my finds today but ill get to that later. This puppy is fantastic. @impuntura @330CK @ChetB i know (think) its a chesterfield but any thoughts on date or any other things? Its a keeper, not a flipper. No markings that I can see. The bottom feels like metal springs under a canvas sheet that is hand nailed to the frame.

WOWSERS! That is a throne! I want one of those.

In terms of dating it, that's going to be hard to do unless you can find some sort of markings. Is there nothing? That style of chair and in that quality was made by a lot of manufacturers over decades. So, without a real expert who can identify specific shapes in the lathed wood, I think you might have a hard time nailing down (pun intended) a date.

oreagan

Reaction score
First store today, a few decent finds:

Like new Woolrich Harris Tweed blazer, pockets still sewn shut:

a pair of big boy XXXL Filson shirts:

a made in Ireland Gaeltarra sweater I liked:

plus a few Brooks Brothers ties and a Pendleton vest.

And then, for the next three stores...nothing. An endless sea of Stafford, Alfani, and Haggard. "Leather" shoes that weight 2oz. Kirkland jeans. Everywhere, so, so much Stafford.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^Yea, I forgot to comment on it before, but that thing is bawse.

edit: Spoo's chair that is.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, i thought he was in the mid west. He's in the bay area?

Beeare

Reaction score
I've sent out the first round of PMs to those that have signed up for the gift exchange. Thanks to everyone that has signed up, lots of familiar faces in the lot! If you'd still like to sign up, there is plenty of time! Dig up my last post for all of the details! It's a ton of fun digging around for something that you're not calculating ROI on as you look at it
happy.gif
Really though, it's fun to search for things that you think someone else would enjoy getting!

I'd also like to remind everyone about @futuremyth 's post from a week or so ago. He's playing video games for 24 hours in order to raise money for Children's Miracle network. His goal is $200, so if you have a bit extra around, go drop him a couple of bucks!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=177779

I'd like to sign up, but if I read correctly, there are post requirements? I believe i've had this account for a long time, but unfortunately most of it has been lurking time. Maybe next year!

Monday blues...

Those are nice, what size?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics