• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Thrifted a nice pair of blue suede/brown leather Sperry loafers in my size today for $12. Something nobody here would care about, but as a High Schooler I get good wear out my casual shoes. Searching all over eBay to see if I can somehow come across a pair of Nike Flyknits for $50 or less. Uncommon, but I've seen them sell for less. Any more and I can't justify the purchase as much as I'd like them.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrifted a nice pair of blue suede/brown leather Sperry loafers in my size today for $12. Something nobody here would care about, but as a High Schooler I get good wear out my casual shoes.

Whatever you thrift for yourself is brag-worthy, imo. They're some of the best casual shoes you can get!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xpost from WAYWRN X Thrift Fit

Hickey Freeman-ETHRIFT
Lands End-@Bahljs
Brooks Brothers-Thrift
Anonymous-Thrift
Sartoria Partanopeia (cash/silk cords)-@Denton
Florsheim- >60% off retail

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it Koala. Nice pants.

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
Some serious finds in the last few dozen pages - a 10 dollar atmos clock and Spoo finding the world's Best Vest? Unreal. I've been busy of late and trying to gear myself more towards selling than buying, but the habit is hard to kick. Popped into my local places, telling myself I'd just "see what's the on the racks", and then came to a blurry couple of hours later in my car with a passengers seat full of grail outerwear. Hell of a drug.

I'd prefer to hold onto most things for personal use or sale, but if something really strikes a chord shoot me a pm (excepting the last item).

A custom bottle-green velvet dinner jacket, commissioned from an upscale local mens haberdasher, now defunct. Very old, but a pretty wicked party jacket that fits me like a velvet glove. Probably going to wear it with a white shirt, black knit tie, and white square this new years. Begging to have a martini spilled on it.

A very handsome autumnal tweed from everyone's favorite trad clothier, J. Press. And this is no ordinary tweed...

Featuring a springy, soft donegal mist tweed by Magee in cashmere, mohair, and wool. Nicest hand of any tweed I've felt. Roomy 40L.

Very subtle blue striping against the brown tweed background.

This is the after. Vintage Bean goatskin A2 with all the right deets - mouton collar, scovill zipper, and just the right amount of wear and tear. Patinated to perfection.

42, fits me in a nice, slouchy way. Torn between keeping this, or...

This. The before. Spiewak golden fleece flight jacket, made in the states. Lined, seems like it might be brand spanking new. Fits me well and is crazy warm, but I feel a bit like a cop when I wear it.

Finally found a proper oldschool Burberry(s) trench! In great shape (like, possibly unworn? no wear on leather buckles anyhow) and at thrift prices no less. Never thought it would happen.

All the great old military details one could ask for - d-rings, sleeve adjusters, collar latch. 44R but its a perfect bogart fit on me over a suit or jacket. Not available.

But you know what? All of the above are ultimately pretty run of the mill. If you thrift often enough in my region you'll see burberry trenches, J press tweed, and flight jackets. These are classic items, part of the fabric of a local culture that has existed for decades. Exciting and valuable, yes, but not surprising. But this next piece is something you don't see around here, something that surprised the hell out of me:

A grail pop for me. And that label belongs to:

My size! Probably my favorite ever find. I've admired engineered garments and the japanese streetwear movement that it helped to usher in but I've never had the means to justify buying it, even at sale or resale (doubt I'm alone there) with the exception of a jacquard tunic(!) that I haven't had the balls to wear except around my apartment.

Midweight cotton canvas, incredible details and construction. Cinches and pockets everywhere. Very representative of the EG aesthetic (ivy league educated post apocalyptic mercenary?). Wearing it as I'm typing this. No plans to remove it.

That's it - apologies to those who've been waiting on pms that I just got around to answering. Let's keep the thread burning, shall we?

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth the kop? Looks like a wool to me but it's 100% silk

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pretty good day yesterday so I figured i'd throw up some pics and a little background. I have been hitting some of the same thrifts lately and have been pretty much striking out so I decided to hit some brand new ones on a different side of town and see what I could find.

A few stops in I started finding some stuff to pull the trigger on. I have been wanting an unstructured sports coat so I was pretty excited when I found this.
Overall a pretty good day. I'm still just crossing my fingers I can find the pants to the Kiton.
Good luck finding the pants, great post!

Time for a beer

Killing!

This needs to be split up like Grailed...one iconic thread thrifters thread for the Loro Piana sweaters, leathers, etc. and then another thrifters thread for the regular human thrifters.
Not sure where my post will end up...

Xpost from WAYWRN X Thrift Fit
OUTSTANDING colors! Nice, man!

Day started w/ Alden and Mezlan, ended with Kiton and Brioni. I wish it was as nice as it sounds. Not a bad day overall:
Mezlan and Alden

2x Agave

4x EZ

J. Press, 2x Burb

This thing?

This thing!! Hope it runs bigger than tagged.

Made in Italy = LVC?

NOS Paradise made in Hawaii

This Wrangler USA with all the right keywords

This Adidas with all the right keywords

Belvest

First for me 2x, have to figure out why these are a thing.

Great rugby

Bri linen is outstanding, the kiton is super lux feeling. Nice to find this stuff in great condition.

Isaia x Star Trek

Did not wear around the store.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing L.P. find SWB. Once in a lifetime grail. Wear it well

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
Streetwear bros is this a thing?

Izzue x Neighborhood jacket? I couldn't really tell if real leather. Tag just said 100% cotton in a few languages, which I thought was odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads