1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior member

Thanks! 30's too small for me though...

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Just totally accidentally thrifted some Mosley Tribes Hagen photochromic aviators in case, gold. I just thought the case
    Was coll and was going to use it, but the glasses were inside, and the clerk was all, "how much are these worth. We had them in auction and they didn't sell". So I looked them up and they appear to go for between 90 and 200 on eBay. Not bad for $8 and no knowledge whatsoever.

4. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

I was going to say, I'm pretty sure LV *never* *ever* uses pigskin or pigskin-look linings on their bags. And the goldtone metal bits look badly cast. And the Os in Louis Vuitton look not quite the right shape of circular. I know, right? :/

I have a fake LV bag here, and a maybe-real coin wallet, but it's come all apart at the seams. :(

5. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

So some of you may know I was employed by a luxury clothing company for the past year and while these may not be thrift prices they were really damn good deals (read all ties were $10). I'll be moving on to a new opportunity but I'll sure miss the sample sales...

These are only the highlights.... I picked up quite a few ties, kiton and Isaia. A terrific Hermes folio and three flasks (gave 1 to the GF, 1 to a sister and 1 I use quite often), a few pocket squares, a pair of white croc Gucci loafers ($2,400 retail) and some ferragamo tremezzas and some Magnanni loafers. A killer Cucinelli backpack and a nice filson bag. A few pairs of sunglasses and countless amounts of private label cashmere.

[​IMG]

Oh and this....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  6. double00

double00 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. double00

double00 Senior member

lv repaired wife's speedy when the piping went...

8. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

We had four and called them the Beatles coats :slayer:

9. TJGent87

TJGent87 Senior member

Whoever is Hazelea, send me a pm please.

10. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

Dat everything.

11. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Missed you around here, Ham.

Oh, and that Attolini you have on ebay is effing unbelievable. Makes me wish I hadn't slimmed down. Almost.

12. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Samesies, I'll be able to thrift a lot more in the near future so hopefully I'lol be on as often as I used to be!

If you want it let me know, I'm inclined to see it go to an old friend :D

13. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

They tried instituting that rule here in Birmingham. No dice. The average IQ around here is well south of 100 and the average thrifter doesn't even speak English. Needless to say, when a clothing rack rolls out from the processing area, it is descended upon by multiple human hyenas. Seriously, it looks like an Overeaters Anonymous field trip to the Pizza Hut buffet.

14. mistermidwester

mistermidwester Senior member

Yeehaw. The thrift gods have actually smiled on me a bit lately. No thriftening, but some good stuff. Started off with...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Super nice Luigi Bianchi suit made with Zegna fabric. One of the nicer suits I've hefted.

[​IMG]
    Corneliani 3 roll 2 cashmere

[​IMG]
    Aforespoilered Saks 100% Cash LP sport coat. This thing is NOICE and if the arms were longer it would stay in my closet.

15. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

That's a nice piece. I was in Burberry over the weekend, looks like HF doesn't make their suiting anymore, or is the suiting in the retail stores different from the suiting you get from Neimans and the like? It was all made in Italy with a Burberry tag.
    No help on the maker, but those are sharp!

Love that.