1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Distinguished Member

^^^Fuck! Straight up massacre! I'm so jelly! Any larger sizes in there?

[​IMG]
    Almost koped but priced too high and too beat up.
    Speaking of priced too high...
    [​IMG]
    Saw this top coat and thought this would be a good fodder but no price tag on there. Asked the clerk to tag it and she came back, saying its 179 but i can give it to you for 100. Fuck no!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

2. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior Member

3. vexco

vexco Distinguished Member

Anything that would fit 36-38 waist and tall? :B

4. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

OK, haven't been on here in forever but had to share. Headed to a fancy shindig tonight (cocktail attire) and was just going to wear my tux but stopped at the lunch hour at my favorite resale shop, mainly to see if they'd happen to have a white dinner jacket to spice things up. Instead wound up finding a Navy blue Canali Travel suit, pure wool, ticket pockets, flat front pants, that fit me like it was tailored for me. Priced at $250 but I had $100 in store credit on my account so with tax walked out with a new suit for approx. $160 cash. Guess I won't be wearing my tux tonight.

5. eazye

eazye Distinguished Member

My wife and I went to go see Disclosure last night. Yadda, yadda, yadda, I ended up following My Main Man's lead and took a mental health day, first day off in 6 weeks. Of course I spent the morning thrifting, found a bunch of seasonal appropriate stuff too but the real winner was a vintage BB 3 piece tweed sack suit. Pics after the jump!

6. My Main Man

My Main Man Distinguished Member

Seriously, everyone should do this every now and again. Just wandering aimlessly for a day, not running errands or anything, is so good for your mind. I feel like I did a complete reboot the last 2 days. It's great.

7. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior Member

I wish my friend...unless you're a 44 and like the Willis & Geiger jacket pictured

8. stgermaine

stgermaine New Member

Visited my local thrift store today. I swear a Brooks Brothers warehouse donated their inventory there today. Unfortunately nothing fit me (everything was 40R - 44R) and I didn't want to go through flipping so haven't picked up anything. For our local Santa Monica styleforum browsers, go see the Goodwill store near 6th.

9. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

Was it @barrelntrigger who brought up killer varsity jackets the other day? Ebbets Field repro LA Angels 1930s jacket.

[​IMG]

10. eazye

eazye Distinguished Member

I'll second this. I literally hadn't had a day off in 6 weeks, and it wasn't looking like I was going to have one until Thanksgiving. Friday's I have a fucking 5 hour bio class, but since last night ended up going pretty late, I decided to take the day off and cut class. Hit up a few spots this morning, just ate an entire pizza all to myself and I'm on my 3rd beer. Life is balanced once again.

11. Vulpes Vulpes

Vulpes Vulpes Well-Known Member

Asked myself the same question. Wasn't feelin' it. Plus, with all the grit in the pockets - the line 'rode hard, put away wet' ran thru my head. Still, it's nice to know who's getting the fresh meat out here.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

12. Ds13

Ds13 Distinguished Member

Forgot I found this a couple of weeks ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's HUGE, at least king size. I love this thing.

First time I read the tag and thought to myself "these people suck at math.." But then I flipped over the tag and saw 5% poly. Looks a little weird cause I just washed it and have yet to rough it up again.

13. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

14. colorvision

colorvision Senior Member

Yeah, turns out she's Ivana Sugar's cousin, and very popular in the South.

15. Chotii

Chotii Senior Member