• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need an opinion, want to put a NATO mod strap on this but not sure what color, I have a komandeirskie with a red and black strap but it blends in with my tattoos
get a haircut hippie.

jk - i think a striped NATO would bookend and pop, but not red-and-black. is the finish really that brass color? any bright nautical stripe would work imo, to your taste of course. orange-and-navy, yellow-and-black, red-and-white, etc.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @OolongT for the two Gustin shirts! Selvedge Chambray and a Crimson Buffalo check.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunglasses game strong, but what about prescription lenses? is that a deal-breaker for folks? what say you?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

turned my Salt N Pepa tape into a necklace. I wonder if it's still at either of my parent's places?

Oh, yesssss.....

Sounds like it's time for some ATTIC THRIFTING.

Ooh, speaking of attic thrifting....

it's coming.

Last edited:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need an opinion, want to put a NATO mod strap on this but not sure what color, I have a komandeirskie with a red and black strap but it blends in with my tattoos

I know you said NATO, but maybe a vintage looking leather strap would be cool.
52d735be-97c8-4c15-a386-6ee527ddaa8f_zpsc2eda176.jpg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's coming.

Or... whatever. My cord decided to cooperate, so... It's here:

ATTIC THRIFTING PART 4: SHOCKING REALIZATIONS

In which our hero recognizes an old friend...

@SpooPoker​
heh heh heh heh

Last edited:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I found this exact vest today. Mine's quite well worn though;
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Found this today as well. Same store that yielded the Gucci and Edward Green shoes last week. Reelz?
MANNNNN, HOW MUCH?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: Anyone have any experience with how narrow AA is in Alden shoes? Contemplating an ethrift but don't want to end up buying foot binders.

Sooner the better on the advice please.

---

I've had superb transactions with lots of you dudes lately, and have been very remiss about sending shouts. That's a major my bad. So let me shout to some recent awesome dudes: Woofa, Dadjeans, Koala-T, ReubenR (as always) and Cottondockers.

Odradek

Reaction score
An e-thrift for me.
Shreve Crump & Low tie by Vineyard Vines.
I don't think Vineyard Vines are really known this side of the Atlantic, so picked this up for a song.
Does Shreve Crump & Low add any rarity value?

And, I found a very nice Odermark, Loro Piana cashmere and wool overcoat.
Priced far less than all the more dept.store brand poly/wool blend coats on the same rail, and not a bad fit on me.

Excuse the trousers at half mast, but I had to trip the camera and then sprint down the path.

freehand

Reaction score
^^ I saw that Vineyard Vines tie on eBay. I've bought loads of ties from that seller. I don't know how he makes any money, such awful photos and free postage means I've picked up lots of beautiful ties for under £2 shipped. I think you could probably make a decent living just reselling his ties! Nice fit pic btw, I've been looking for a similar overcoat.

Odradek

Reaction score

^^ I saw that Vineyard Vines tie on eBay. I've bought loads of ties from that seller. I don't know how he makes any money, such awful photos and free postage means I've picked up lots of beautiful ties for under £2 shipped. I think you could probably make a decent living just reselling his ties! Nice fit pic btw, I've been looking for a similar overcoat.

I think his awful photos must be a deliberate ploy to hide any faults. Nobody takes photos that bad.
Yes you can get good ties from him, at good prices and with free shipping, but it can be a gamble.

Got a Dunhill tie from him once that had a stain on the front which he'd never mentioned.
Gave him negative feedback and he was on my case right away in a very rude way, demanding I change the feedback.
When I said the tie had a big stain his response was basically "Well what do you expect for that price"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads