Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

I used to. First, I had to drink like 2 cases of store-bought beer to have enough bottles to fill up, so that was quite an accomplishment. The first batch I brewed was undrinkable. Disgusting. Tweaked it a few times and by the 3rd or 4th batch it was pretty good; 6th batch onward was awesome. Had the basic home kit. Sold it when I moved.

2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

@highvoltorb congrats! You have very pretty hands.

3. Principle

Principle Senior Member

Wine and Cider (30 gal currently)

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

cashmere silk pants are soft as fuck i hope you checked the crotch for stains

5. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

that's cool! i had a homebrew kit but i couldn't use it due to the ambient temps where i am. my uncle grows grapes on about 5 acres in central washington and makes a really nice pinot noir. he had to drink a bunch of wine to get those bottles too

6. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

I've been thinking about it. Now that I have usable garage space, I might give it a whirl. The problem is, there are so many micro breweries around here that I have to try all of their beers first.

7. double00

these days the only thing that slakes my thirst is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. it's perfect: substantial but you don't have to chew it, hoppy but not crazy sharp, not too sweet.

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

....pls stand by....

[​IMG]

WHEN WORDS FAIL US...

[​IMG]

WHEN GIFS ARE NOT ENOUGH...

[​IMG]

WHEN PIXELS MAY ONLY LIMN THE DEPTHS
    OF THE HUMAN HEART:

[​IMG]
    SOMETIMES WE CAN ONLY
    SHOUT FROM THE MOUNTAIN
    AND HOPE THAT OTHERS WILL LISTEN.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WHEN GIFS ARE NOT ENOUGH
    A CONTINUING WEB SERIES OF SHOUT-OUTS
    WITH A SPECIAL FOCUS ON STELLAR INDIVIDUALS,
    AND WHY THEY FUCKING SHINE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPISODES 2 AND 3

(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, I SWEAR):

ACE FACE

~ AND ~

THE ILLUSTRIOUS SPOO POKER
    :slayer::slayer::slayer:

:foo:

[​IMG]

So I didn't buy this.

[​IMG]

I didn't trade for this.

[​IMG]

Hell, I only mentioned my desire to climb through a wormhole and onto the beach -- and then ACE FACE , homie extraordinaire , the first person I ever traded with, just randomly, out of the kindness of his heart, sends these along for the journey. Seriously. Have you ever heard of something so great? A homie so awesome? The sound of the old memories colliding with the new? I mean: Seriously. Seriously. Seriously. :embar: :D :slayer: :slayer:

Dude, this made my month.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

EPISODE THREE: SPOO POKER

Wait, what is this? What am I looking at, here? Well, casual thread readers may not know this, but there is a man behind the scenes -- he doesn't post too often -- his knowledge and dedication and general large-heartedness are present in effing spades, but rarely glimpsed here -- there is a man here (some of you may have heard of him) by the name of "SpooPoker" -- and man, man. Let me tell you...

This guy, man. This guy.

First, let me just tell you how how he made all my Miami Vice dreams come true (or perhaps I'll just show you):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That, my friends, was the unmitigated tits, enough joy to fill a man's heart for a lifetime.

But when has Spoo ever stopped at that?

So the sun sets. The lights turn off. I pack, and I go home. And my dream, like the waves, begins to recede...

[​IMG]

But what is a wave but something that returns -- that creates a void only to fill it?

LOOK AT THIS SHINING RELIC OF THE 1980s!

Where was it? Oh...waiting in the mail.

Why does it look different than one from the one I used to wear? Oh...right. Because Spoo sent not only that one -- (honestly, this brought tears to my eyes) -- but like, EVEN MORE SHINY RELICS TO WARM THE HEARTS OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!.

Again: Seriously. What? Who is that awesome?

That's the Moms up there rocking that watch to work, where she reports it drew glances like magnets and raised eyebrows like it was fairly yanking on them. :slayer:

In summary:

OH! SHIT!

Thank you guys. I love you guys. You guys are seriously the best. :happy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THANKS, AND PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR EPISODE FOUR: MY MAIN MAN AND THE TIE OF DESTINY. I LOVE YOU, BROS. YOU BRING SWAG TO MY LIMBS AND TEARS TO MY EYES.

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.​
    :slayer:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

11. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

B

That was me in my mid-20s. I like to think my taste is more refined these days. And my friendly neighborhood brewery (Upslope) is a 25 minute walk from home and has amazing beer.

12. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior Member

I have two blazers that aren't spoken for but they are too big (44 and 48) I wish I could help!

13. Chotii

Chotii Senior Member

[​IMG]

Moonlight Graham, made in the USA. Not selvedge. Anybody ever heard of them?

14. double00

sharing is caring:

[​IMG]
    vintage (pretty sure anyways!) jean lafont pantheons.
    thing is, they're prescription, so i'm trying to figure out whether to pic as sunglasses or without lenses...

[​IMG]
    flocked Polo Sport. nice to find.

[​IMG]
    sideways Filson mac cruiser vest.

15. tubs

tubs Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mackinaw Cruiser Size 40

[​IMG]