• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should change your avatar to this pic. Much better!
Annnnnd done
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of random things from the past 2 days.

Zara Man poplin trench. May keep, fits alright.

H. Freeman & Sons bespoke suit. Dope pattern, dual vents, working cuffs. Fits about a 42-43

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So several months ago I posted some A/V stuff, and had this to say about my audio gear knowledge: Used that knowledge today. Spotted this Technics SL-1700 Turntable at a thrift: I'm reading that I may be able to just replace the stylus for about $30 instead of buying a whole new cart for $90+. So I should be able to get this baby up and running for maybe $75-90 + the original $13 I spent lol. These are apparently really great turntables. HOLY ****
Nice score! The Sl-1700 is a great, reliable turntable. You did well. You should be able to get a replacement stylus from LPgear. http://www.lpgear.com I got one for my Shure (forget what model it was) a couple years ago. Worth investing if you've got a good cartridge and it sounds like you do. That "Eat a Peach" gatefold artwork is a trip. I want that in poster form so bad.
Your find took me to the Scabal website where I looked under all of their "Special Editions." My god, the fabrics they are making now are unbelievable. Gold, Diamonds, vicuna, the prices on these things must be astronomical.
I've got some pretty killer fabrics besides this one. Pure cashmere, Super 150's with lapis lazuli, etc. @Patrologia, Brioni doesn't change their labels often but I believe they started using that style size/fabric label in the early 00's and still use it to date, as far as I know. They did recently change the style of the "Made in Italy" label near the collar, though. That suit looks pretty recent to me, style-wise. I'd grab the orphan as well. The pants may turn up. If not, Brioni orphans still sell.

Chotii

Reaction score
Revisiting the subject of minor re-knitting holes in sweaters:

I mended 2 holes in this vintage Norskwear sweater today. I have a giant bag of assorted wool crewel embroidery yarns. I didn't have the right colors, but that's actually useful in this instance to show how the repairs were done. Rather than throw this sweater away, I will list at a low price and show the mends. It may or may not sell. If it does, the buyer gets a bargain and the cardigan gets a new life. Otherwise, I can re-donate it in good conscience.

Tools:

Small crochet hook
Plastic or metal needle for use on plastic canvas
Yarns of assorted colors
Good light source
Good eyes or magnification

Both mends in context:

On arm, just at shoulder seam

Above collarbone, near shoulder seam. I think both of these holes were caused by a bad quality hanger.

Which is all to say, if the sweater is special enough, it may be worth the time and effort to keep it in circulation.

Last edited:

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Patrologia, Brioni doesn't change their labels often but I believe they started using that style size/fabric label in the early 00's and still use it to date, as far as I know. They did recently change the style of the "Made in Italy" label near the collar, though.

That suit looks pretty recent to me, style-wise. I'd grab the orphan as well. The pants may turn up. If not, Brioni orphans still sell.

Thanks, I may try that. Here's the collar tag on the one I got:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Including the nicest pair of shorts I've ever seen.. Pop! Never expected to find Vacca shorts. All cotton, 38.
DUDE! This helped me solve the mystery of who made a pair of cranberry red cotton pants I thrifted years ago and have been sitting in my closet ever since. No maker's label but the size label is identical as is the lining. SWEET!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Sicura watches? I stumbled upon them on eBay and they look super fuckin cool. Wanna get one but not sure if it's worth putting up around $100 for a good running one

Doomsticks

Reaction score

I'm going to shorten the first shirt a bit, it's very long but cool texture. Anyone know anything about Lothar's Paris down jackets? Have left two, seemed well made... Also I think our new secret password to identify yourself as a thrift threader in the field should be Mother Dick
You are in Sweden right? Dunno what size u are but Our Legacy size S, id love to buy/trade

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Sicura watches? I stumbled upon them on eBay and they look super fuckin cool. Wanna get one but not sure if it's worth putting up around $100 for a good running one
Great watches,Breitling owned them for awhile if you get lucky might have one of their movements in there

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this is real or not?

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great watches,Breitling owned them for awhile if you get lucky might have one of their movements in there 

Possibly a stupid question, how can I tell if it's a Breitling movement? Will it be labeled as such or do I just have to put a date to the watch to figure it out?

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
Just got the Brioni SC I picked up last week back from the dry cleaners. 43L and available. Anyone have dope size 38 or 40 stuff? :slayer:

TMAdidas

Reaction score

I would say yes, but check the side pockets for a Burberry size tag also

And if it's a size 36 US just go ahead and send it my way

Thanks for the info, and if it is you'll be the first to know. I already left the store without it, but if it's still there in a couple of days when o go back I'll be sure to grab it. It was in pretty rough shape with some noticeable years and holes in the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads