The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

^^lol no. I was just playing along with him cuz he never sent any pm.
    I can probably get it for at least half price if anyone wants... :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

2. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

People would actually pay $185k for a garment? Wow.

3. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

Are you Drake or what homie? lol

4. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

While you could probably get away with this as a "street wear" look. You think they are to short, so you will never be comfortable wearing them (I tried hemming a pair of pants with no break to meet WAYWT standards and while it looked OK I felt self conscious the whole time I wore them so finally got them re-hemmed with a break)

5. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

paypal was having trouble trasnferring 180k, so I messaged my nigerian prince friend to work out a deal

yeah for sure, i know what you mean. Its a womens jacket anyways :lol:

Drizzy is from toronto isnt he? :hide:

6. colorvision

colorvision Senior member

Some old and new.

If I ever move anywhere cold...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Google image search for Joyrich is quite the eye-opener.

[​IMG]

7. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

It is a nice jacket I am sure.
    Judging by my current plan of thrifting items and letting SPOO sell them to make a few bucks per item, then using that profit to slowly upgrade my wardrobe. I should be in a position to offer you half in about... multiply by cosign...divide by pi...carry the 3... any chance you can hold onto that for about 143 more years? It might take a little longer if my area thrifts raise their prices.[​IMG]

8. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

Itching to get out today. Not feeling well.

Yesterday scored (kopped?) a Canali tie, NWT, Talbott BOC XL, and a fabulous one called FIG (Daniel Lazaro Figucredo)? that looks like the best of jacquard from Talbott & similar.

Today there is an estate sale within a couple of miles: http://eso.tlstatic.com/image/w800-h600/625563/08655f7fe6f9604ea449a47ae7bc3970.jpg. Must. Look. At. Those. Wool. Coats. The one hanging on the door looks like vintage Filson from here. Maybe. Caped at least. If it's still there when I get there. The ladies who are running this particular sale are wise in the ways of pricing, though. It won't be True Thrift.

9. vexco

vexco Senior member

If there are things (like Filson) that you will pass on while you're there(because they're too expensive to flip), would you be open to proxying some stuff?

10. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

I am open to proxying. I'm new at this, though: How does proxying work with something like a jacket? Sizing is important.

11. vexco

vexco Senior member

Will PM, thanks!

12. Doomsticks

Doomsticks Senior member

Dunno if u know but thats a swedish military coat.

13. colorvision

colorvision Senior member

Yes, it's in fantastic condition for its age. Doesn't seem to be worth much, but I have some Swedish ancestry, and I like it a lot.

14. Doomsticks

Doomsticks Senior member

Im swedish so I see that kind of stuff quite often, and yes, theres alot of cool old
    Military clothes and accessories from sweden. I have a pair of boots from 48, perfect condition.

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Well, I might disappear for a little while.... not sure. Will have to see how this all goes.

We are headed out in an hour or so to send off our little pup, Mia, who we've had for about 14 years. It has been the hardest decision we've ever had to make, and we are so utterly exhausted from weeping. Since we have been unable to have children, Mia has filled the void better than anyone could have ever hoped or imagined. She has done nothing but love us every minute of every day. She used to go on hunger strikes for the sitter when we would leave town for the weekend, she would always be in the window watching for our return from work or wherever.

We sure spoiled her......of course we spoiled her. Eggs for breakfast, chicken breast for dinner and homemade peanut butter/banana icecream for dessert every day. She slept where she wanted, whether in the middle of the hall (making us step over) or on my side of the bed (refusing to let me in), but hey, you kinda let a 95 pound alpha dog sleep where she wants.

She has seen her share of medical problems, as many of you know. She has a prosthetic eye...and is naturally blind in the other. She survived breast cancer (yes, that's a thing), she's had all sorts of liver, kidney and urinary issues and probably suffers from mild cushings. Through all that, we were never greeted with less than a loving growl, warm kiss and a cheerful wag.

This is going to suck so bad.

We got lucky with some sunshine this week and had a chance to get a few more photos of her. She's always loved the camera.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is with her best buddy, shortly after Holly got her.
    [​IMG]

She told me she wanted Weber-grilled T-Bone for her last meal, and that is just what she got.
    [​IMG]

She ate so fast, I could not get a still pic. lol.

[​IMG]

See you later, old friend. We love you so much.