The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. vexco

vexco Senior member

I found Mega Man X, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars and a couple of Star Wars SNES games recently together at a thrift. Of course, I bought them all.

2. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Battlefield 4 will be supported for some time to come, with 5 expansion packs in the last year, and one only a few weeks ago. - Night time maps!!!!!!!!
    I am dangerous as fuck. and creative. [​IMG] got 40+ kills in 15 minutes running a shotgun, a knife, and land mines\claymores.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] along with Decoys, RPG's and being a half decent sniper running on the ground, taking out the campers on high points.
    The Japanese team work really well in squads. but i join foreign servers to speak English with my squad sometimes. savagely fun. don't mind dropping the occasional T-bag also.

@vexco if you got it? we can squad up. or any other member i know on here who wants to make other people throw shit at their TV.

@Letric i can hook you up with a cable. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. Letric

Letric Senior member

4. vexco

vexco Senior member

Just shipped it out today. Sold on ebay already :( Sorry dude! Wasn't sure if people here would be interested in that shit.

5. sashae

sashae Senior member

I paid full retail for a pair of those Le Chameau side zip leather lined waders a few winters back and have never regretted it. Absolutely killer boots.

6. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

Yesterday I was looking at a rail of mediocre ties when a woman came out of a back room, asked if I liked ties and then brought out a hanger with more.
    Got three Duchamp ties in perfect condition, and a Massimo Dutti one that's BNWT.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if there's a difference between black or blue labels on Duchamp?
    I think I've only ever seen blue, but someone selling one on ebay makes a point of listing "rare blue label".

Also, and this is something I'm keeping, a very nice cherry/burgundy briefcase, by Gianfranco Novi, of Florence.
    Has a few scrapes, but that's just nice patina.
    Someone has done a repair to the handle with two philips head screws, but I can do a better job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The day before, I'd found another briefcase. No label or manufacturers name, but brand new, never used, with key.
    Don't think it's the best quality leather, with a heavy grain to it, but not bad.

[​IMG]

I also went back to where I found the Jeremy Paxman suit last week, and picked up two orphaned suit jackets in the same size.
    One Hackett with unusual sleeve buttons, and the other Aquascutum.
    Such a pity the trousers are missing from the Aquascutum one as it's beautiful.
    Still, could work well on it's own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

Womens, no? Hence sleeve shortness

8. freehand

freehand Senior member

I'm looking for a steer as to whether you think these are genuine. I bought a Kiton square on eBay and the seller has got in touch to say that she also has the following. Price for the one I bought was £25 and I may be able to talk her down if I buy a few more. I'd probably be keeping or could proxy if anyone is particularly keen. I only bought the one today so only have pics to go on at the moment. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Letric

Letric Senior member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've been looking for a MegaManX cart for a LONG time. My brother and I played the hell out of that game when we were kids. So far I have all 3 of the big Nintendos... NES, SNES, and N64. I have a few carts for each, but want to bulk up my collection... Lately I have seen 0 cartridges, and the last console I found was about 1.5 months ago. Mint NES for $30 at Value Village. Bought that shit so fast, but no power cable : (

Maybe I should add a note in my sig like "Looking for Vintage Nintendo Games / Consoles!". If you ever find any more, let me know. I would trade major Zegnas and shit for good Megaman / Bomberman cartridges.

10. DapperE

DapperE Senior member

11. Thrift Vader

really? Y U No PM me??

Will trade for Certain Sneakers unavailable in my size here. or other tempting swag. it's in my Sig.

12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Timely...

i-D: Has fashion never been an art?
    Yohji Yamamoto: No, never. It is always clothes.

13. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

Ironically I was talking to a younger lady here at the hospital and she stated she has the original grey Gameboy still in box...

14. eazye

eazye Senior member

Preemptive shout out to Thrift Vader for another Japanese grail. [​IMG]

15. Thrift Vader

Back atcha @eazye . dude is a pleasure to deal with. knows a fair deal and doesn't mess around.
    not only did he get a good deal, he also paid instantly, allowing Mrs Vader to freeup our paypal earnings and save the Family economy for this month. so a BIG thanks for that. [​IMG]

Your box is taped up and ready to ship in the morning. [​IMG]