• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some Barbor pr0n for the fans.

Barbour Steve McQueen

Beacon Brand by Barbour chambray -I finally found a chambray that fits properly!!

What do you call this sort of jacket? I assume it's a moto inspired thing since it's from the Barbour International line

noob15

Reaction score
Came up completely dry today except for these. Picked them up primarily due to nostalgia, and a stupid low price. I have no idea what to call them. I mean, it's like a blucher and penny loafer baby. Moccasins just doesn't ring true. Any ll bean aficionados here that can help clue me in? 8.5D and available btw. Edited to add, that that's a double thick leather sole.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't listed a BB suit in forever...they used to take a week or two until someone came along and wanted to spend $200+ on a used suit. I've just been lazy, listing sweaters and jeans and stuff that's easy to photo, measure & describe. And low-hanging fruit for quick flips. I need to suck it up tho and start listing suits again. I'm buried in BB, Oxxford, PRL and whatever else. God I hate that part of all this.

Seriously. I hate the measuring part!

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Great finds @Fueco and @capnwes!

Out of curiosity, what are the measurements on the PRL?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agree with @GMMcL i ran into an oxxford today, dated 85, woulda copped but for the holes... quite a nice jacket to put it mildly.

i agree with @SpooPoker i won't lie i get chub when I'm in a rack and smell mothballs.
shog[1].gif

some clothes are art, or at least artisanal. can't remember where but i've read clothing referred to as personal architecture. there is much to this statement.

that's not even getting into the cultural artifacts that some clothing represents. vintage denim, t's, etc etc isn't just hipster fodder, it's pieces of history and examples of industrial art. to me, the very best t-shirts operate as propaganda, wedding the wearer to the content and putting a face to a movement...

there are things that i've found that are hard to part with. and i'm a cynic and not in the least a hoarder!

ALSO: the jacket slasher struck my town. there was a rlpl purple label db blazer with the tag torn out. it wasn't to deter flippers tho, i believe it was a message to the thrift pricers to stop whoring labels. as if.

Takai

Reaction score
Memphis recs? I'll be there for a super short conference, but I am staying downtown, so ....
Rendezvous. Charles Vergo's ******* Rendezvous.
https://www.hogsfly.com/

I hear thrifting near Oak Hall has been good, but no idea; @drlivingston

Takai

Reaction score
Yeah, I hit Rendezvous this evening ... and I probably will tomorrow night as well. Those ribs do not mess around.
They absolutely do not. Love that sauce.

TJGent87

Reaction score
What I'd do to find something like this!!!

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went back for that Greenfield suit... On closer inspection it needed a cleaning, so left it behind for $25. With cleaning that'd be about $50 invested... Meh.

I DID find a nice RL Rugby navy cotton pea jacket / sweater though. :)

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check out this print. corny, right?

don't tell me you never watched DuckTales...

1981 litho. Disney x Sharper Image lol.

you know Carl Barks created Scrooge McDuck, right?

o.g. levi's raglan bomber. wimmenz. this is a factory second or something, the tags are removed...

i don't usually go for levi's leisurewear, but this 2x1 denim is great. paper tags!

don't usually go for race tees either, but i brake for 50/50 ringers.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoutout to all of the members that have showed me tie love. I have given up 10 fold what I have received but that's all because I asked for it. That's an amazing quality of this group. I asked for quality ties in exchange for mass amounts of eBay fodder, and you all delivered and are yet to deliver as some deals are still pending.

This group is amazing.

Thank you all,
Jonathan

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rendezvous. Charles Vergo's ******* Rendezvous.
https://www.hogsfly.com/

I hear thrifting near Oak Hall has been good, but no idea; @drlivingston

******* Rendezvous is the bomb! I stayed across the bridge in West Memphis, AR, for a few weeks and ate at Rendezvous and Ruth's Chris more times that I care to remember. Thrifting in Memphis is an exercise in patience. You will cover MANY miles. It has been many moons since I have shopped there. I remember Amvets because I bought a shiiteload of ties there. They keep ties in the back room as well, so be really nice to the workers and they will let you search through them. Also, do not be afraid to do a little good-natured haggling with the women.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of food... I discovered that there's a Waffle House about 15 miles from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads