• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glam922

Reaction score

Ugliest Brioni tie I've seen so far.
I cannot see who would want to buy that except for the brand name. I passed. Am I missing something?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugliest Brioni tie I've seen so far.
I cannot see who would want to buy that except for the brand name. I passed. Am I missing something?

The uglier the item, the more people seem to pay. I sold an extremely ugly Brioni for $35 recently.

glam922

Reaction score

The uglier the item, the more people seem to pay. I sold an extremely ugly Brioni for $35 recently.

Ahah. Well I might pick it up tomorow for 3$ then. . .

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
CAPN - you look amazing. Well done.

Just got done catching up on ~600 posts and I'm thrift-drunk just on the fumes of @SpooPoker's hauls.

Spoo, holy crap. I'm holding myself back from PMing you 'bout some of that vintage stuff.

One more today.

This thing is sick. Ive never seen wool like this on an overcoat. Its like a wartime casentino. Its soft like one of my kids Gund toys.

I'm really stumped on this Brioni tie. I've looked it up and down a bunch of times but there's nothing. I've compared it to some of the few photos of a Brioni vicuña tie and they look similar but I have no way of knowing. Can anyone think of a way to figure this out?

Without hearing from Brioni directly (which is doubtful they can confirm material on something but still worth a shot), its impossible to tell without a DNA analysis :)

Last edited:

winny94

Reaction score

Well I tried to branch out today and try some new routes, went a big 0/11 and then hit a regular store.

Attolini pop (which just tried to autocorrect to stroking pop...) I've found Attolini for Barbera before but this is the first mainline piece I've found, and it fits! Except t.rex arms :fu:

What size and just how t-rexy?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick stop
all AVAILABLE

Oldest Carroll and Co I have come across, really well cut and very soft shoulder, unfortunately atypical measurements
18 shoulder, 24 PTP 29BOC 24 sleeve @capnwes are those close?

Last edited:

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more today.

This thing is sick. Ive never seen wool like this on an overcoat. Its like a wartime casentino. Its soft like one of my kids Gund toys.
Spoo, I posted this one good while back like that. Mine didn't have the union label, but based on when the shop went out of business, Orgetorix helped me determine it was no older than about 1940. Thing must weigh 10lbs. Still can't bring myself to get rid of it.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
Coffee run evening pickups. AVAILABLE :slayer:

Killer Chester Barrie for Carroll and Co 42R Tweed. DAT PATTERN.

John Varvatos USA leather shoes, size 11m. pretty nice shape, will probably go for more than they should on eBay

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^That is sick. edit: this was meant for that muppet polo coat.

Last edited:

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All but the Bally patent is from today

Cayman purse, expanso gator belt, Dooney and Bourke surcingle (wool), Bally deep chili patent cap toe

Bb pineapple shorts, Patagonia trout Hawaiian, polo NWT long sleeve, AG Matthew Mcconaughey edition

Canali is super 120s. Love love that recent Zeg.

va230815

Reaction score
Tried channeling my inner Spoo, but came up somewhat short

This is Versace yes?

Love that lining, 60R IT

Dont normally pick up TB, but NWT suit jacket,

POP

Chopard 7 fold

Takai

Reaction score
So, what I've been up to and what has kept me from stuff recently, is I thrifted not one, but two full time jobs. One, which Im currently working, is with a local production company. This will be my sort of getting back into the music business, and hopefully putting some of my building, and CAD skills to work. Plus it's 15min from the house, and that's really damn hard to beat. The second is working for Waste Management, more money, better benis, but work I really dont care for. WM job starts Nov 2; so I'll be working full time+ 2 or 3 awards shows and such for the rest of this month then hopefully swapping over to Full time at WM+weekend shows for the production company.

Gotta buckle down and make some dough so I can get some stuff going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads