1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

Do you tutor? Im trying to learn how to take 1000 words and make 2 sentences. You did so effortlessly and flawlessly. What days do you usually teach?

2. Jompso

Did not all genius's share that same title at one point or another. ....Now I'm not saying I am one or anything....I'm just saying you sorta did

3. Jompso

You got the knowledge? you get to be the new book, officially handing over the entirely and completely unnoffial reigns, that I was never even given unofficially in the first place. But I quit,the book has now been closed, key has been tossed. So those sometimes are now never, I sat back one day and wondered why I continued help the thread out and just help out the various dickhead s conatanothers many of whom don;t like me, a few hating, and the ones who just love to toss out insults, these people didn't just benefit, but profitted, then turn around and insult me on here, no good answers came. Done.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

4. nachoman12

nachoman12 New Member

Picked up these F Pinet boots in Asheville NC for $17. I love them, but I know next to nothing about them. They look to be of 70s vintage. Searching "F. Pinet" mostly turns up 1800s womens' footwear, and a couple of small shops in Paris and London. Anyone know more about these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

I had actually compared you to Archimedes,
    http://www.ancientgreece.com/s/People/Archimedes/
    whom possessed a genius unlike any other. and coming from a person with my interests(mechanics) it is indeed a compliment. he was also a visionary, and had no shame. His contemporaries would go on to refine the waterclock. which in turn evolved into the watch on your wrist. so he was quite the genius of his time.

Frenchy and i have both had to start again, from being overly abrasive in the past. we are not newcomers. and we know our shit. even if we are not personally acquainted, we know where each other stand. so i had hoped that you would learn how to censor yourself earlier than either of us did.

Lastly, The Hive mind of the thread is bigger than any one individual can contend with. you can not really think, that of all the facts you speak, another member has not shared it before??
    I enjoy your posts, and seeing your finds. even letting others know that among others, i am indebted to you for your kindness.

Quarreling will only serve to ostracize you. limiting your opportunities.

Heed my advice. it is honest. And allow me to have a dig in the name of Banter.

Behind my memes and drunken posts is a mind that is not to be underestimated. and i am at the service of our brethren.

6. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

aw quit playin playa. i'm brief cause I'm skeptical at heart. and maybe a little glib.

you on the other hand are a true believer amigo. nothing wrong with that!

7. impuntura

impuntura Distinguished Member

Well said ,i try and i think ive cleaned up my act a lot.older and wiser perhaps.anyway its all about the awesome finds we find so i just TRY to stick to that ...sometimes I fail but overall ...

8. ATLjon

ATLjon Distinguished Member

Found a 38 R Jack Spade Judson tweed at Marshall's yesterday for cheap. Thought it would work, but doesn't, so I guess to ebay I go. Some guy's asking 265 for his 40 R and has 4 watchers; I'd take less than that, so hopefully it's a quick sale.

9. Doomsticks

Doomsticks Senior Member

[​IMG]

Recieved this book today, very happy with it, the pictures are amazing.

So, what books would you say are essential for a person that is into vintage / thrifting / (mens) clothes/fashion?

10. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

Entered.

Cross Post...

My sister is getting married next week, and the entire event is black tie formal.

ENTIRELY THRIFTED (except my drawers, ew)
    Tux, Capezio by Henry Mignini Jr Bespoke Peak Lapel ($9.99)
    (Mignini worked as a cutter for Dominic Capezio and also later owned Capezio Custom Tailors of Baltimore. C.C.T. was the tailor for Jackie Kennedy, Franklin D Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, as well as several of the Baltimore Colts and the Archbishop of Baltimore )
    Shirt - Savile Row Shirt Co - Hidden Placket Wing Collar ($3.50)
    Shoes - No Name Patent Oxford ($4.99)
    Braces - Trafalgar ($1.99)
    Bow - for the pic is just a pre-tied bow, my sister is giving me an actual bow before the event. ($.50)
    Cufflinks, VTG Smoked Mother of Pearl snaplinks ($2)
    Cummerbund - VTG Serrano ($2)
    Socks, Just Plain Black ($3 for 3 pack, so $1)

About $26 total.
    [​IMG]

Epic Lining

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just need to thrift a haircut and a shave before the trip.

11. colorvision

colorvision Senior Member

[​IMG]

Sport jacket, not orphan, correct? Sorry for crappy trunk pics.

[​IMG]

Agnes B for Q Tarentino?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hat. Also picked up a few Zegna ties, my first Sulka tie, and some Patagonia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

Those light brown buttons make me think sport coat. What is the material?

13. Bahljs

Bahljs Distinguished Member

I have an Orvis store opening near me, within 5 min drive. I'm hyped.

14. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Distinguished Member

Just got done catching up on ~600 posts and I'm thrift-drunk just on the fumes of @SpooPoker's hauls.

Spoo, holy crap. I'm holding myself back from PMing you 'bout some of that vintage stuff.

15. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior Member

I'm really stumped on this Brioni tie. I've looked it up and down a bunch of times but there's nothing. I've compared it to some of the few photos of a Brioni vicuña tie and they look similar but I have no way of knowing. Can anyone think of a way to figure this out?