Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Thanks! Working through the back log, about 40pr down, 40pr to go. Sometimes forget the cool shit I've found. I love those Ferragamo pebble grain, but they're a full size too small.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

2. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

3. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior member

@Koala-T just sent you a PM...

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Thanks!
    Responded.

5. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

You know where I live, come on down!

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Had like 10 posts quoted with responses and then my computer randomly restarts. :fu:

Quick version:

- Spoo. Killer haul! Wow! :drool: :worship:

- That REI shirt is cool. From the 60's. Made in Japan. Found a lot of stuff MIJ from that era where you wouldn't expect (random casual shirts, camo hunting garments, etc).

- My hair is on it's way to the length of Jim Dugan in the 80's.

- Dalton Congrats man!! :cheers:

Wow! :slayer:

Wes: Great military finds!

Nice! I've had this poster on the wall in my basement since I moved in. Finally got a place to hang it.

7. noob15

noob15 Senior member

That's pre '83 for sure.

8. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

If you scroll the screen up and down a little when you look at this shirt, it does an optical illusion thing.

9. vexco

vexco Senior member

You get the illusion of a $ sign.

10. double00

double00 Senior member

@noob15

thank you!
    [​IMG]

11. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

That.

"A man walks down the street wearing a print like that, you know he's not afraid of anything."

12. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

except aging/good taste [​IMG]

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Just got a super detailed pm from jompso. The dude is either mad, not like I'm angry but like I'm crazy, or he's a super genius. I can't decide which one... but one thing for sure is he haz all the good pulls. For that, i respect him, kinda like the whole frenchy thing shortly before and after he was banned for the second time or was it the third time? Cheers

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

14. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

+1 Jompso is a good dude, but somewhere between inventing and entirely new field of science (hydraulics) and running through the streets naked.

As a thread Bro, I only hope he can mellow out before he needs to re-invent himself. - He brings enthusiasm, and sometimes drops some new knowledge.

And as long as he knows we can metaphorically throw scrunched balls of paper across the room at each other? he can always count on help from this end if he ever needs it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

15. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Shit sorry totally forgot I wrote that... I went to an estate sale for the first time in my life yesterday. And Im sure living here a lot of you must hink Im crazy to not go to these things, but actually I went to ....something i dunno I guess it was an estate sale but it was small and had absolutely nothing they said it would even though it was the fist day and it was 830 and I know eople get there as early as 530 but not this one, this wasn't an estate sale, this was a extremely average family home sale and I lwalked out saying fuck it theyre pointless, what little clothing they did have was so astronmoniically priced...I mean eververything was a total failure....then 30 minutes aat the end of the day on their last day, my entire world changed. I walked into a room, a whole room, only for ties. I got a bunch of belts too, etro and a few lizard skins with gold buckle, I got an Alexander Wang jacket NO FUCKING JK, i mean it was glorious, every room had another grouping of shit I wanted to, at the very leeast, thoroughly inspect. I'm goin every weekend because flat out I would be an idiot not to, what was available and taken by the end of the 75% was crazy, the hardest pile to swallow though, is that I missed a masive tie haul of premium shit by like 20 minutes, thats it on the end of the last day. I cam in a rookie didnt know what to do, soaw a box, it had ties, and I started looking through and Im just picking up brand new Loewe after brand new Loewe, they were so nice....The week will be for peoples throwaways, the weekends are no going to be dedicated to those who died early and had a lot of money and lived very well and bought really nice things. All you people, Instead of purchasing the goods you leave in brown boxes in alley s behind stores, I get to rifle through all the possessions you dearly love and would never give away....but you can't take it with you so thanks for leaving it such a close distance from my home.